Hill climb?

Alderman

Mar 10, 2019
New owner of an 1870. My property has a steep dirt road to an upper woodlot. My Honda quad goes up with no issue. Should I expect the BX to be capable of going up the hill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I cut this bank back with a BX (ag tires) and box blade. It had no problem backing up the grade the two near-parallel red posts are on, behind the driveway marker. I had no reason to try forward.

But your tires and dirt are probably different.

Bruce

Attachments

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
I can’t imagine it won’t, as long as the surface has reasonably good traction. Slick muddy conditions have halted my bx1870 from going up. But I’m dry conditions it’ll climb some very steep hills on my property.

Note that 4wd is optional going up, but can be crucial going down, especially if the front end loader is mounted. You only have brakes up front when 4wd is engaged.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I can’t imagine it won’t, as long as the surface has reasonably good traction. Slick muddy conditions have halted my bx1870 from going up. But I’m dry conditions it’ll climb some very steep hills on my property.

Note that 4wd is optional going up, but can be crucial going down, especially if the front end loader is mounted. You only have brakes up front when 4wd is engaged.
Should read, You ALSO have brakes up front when 4wd is engaged.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I have a lot of experience with a BX on a steep slope. In the below videos you will see a slope (by an old trellis) that is absolute max climb angle. It borderlines on being too steep for the front wheels to stay on the ground. But that is with a backhoe on.
In a nutshell, the BX goes down anything fine. Going back up is trickier. A quad is not a good reference as they can go up stuff much steeper than a tractor can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLC_XW76Sg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVFEnVTkN8M

G.rid

Equipment
L48 tlb, ssqa forks, manual thumb for hoe
Aug 19, 2016
Oxford, NS, Canada
Damn!!!
I think I'd have trouble walking up and down that!
Looks like it'd make a killer bobsled run. Lol