B3350 or B2650?

Turkey55

Feb 24, 2019
Olympia, WA
Looking to get a new B2650 or B3350. Am I fool to still be considering a B3350 due to DPF issues? The physical size of the B2650/B3350 is perfect for my farm. But am a little worried the B2650 is not enough HP for all my future needs. Or should I just stick with the B2650.

Any B3350 owners out there that have had a good experience?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I wanted a B3350 as well. 3 different dealers I went to refused to sell me one...despite having some B3350's on their lots. What does that tell you?

maybe ok for southern buyers.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Ya, seems like every good report i see about B3350 owners having no issues.....they are in a warm climate area.
I have also read they have improved them, but that's more money than I would want to gamble. I have also read that they are changing the motor in the new version that will be coming, so what does that tell you?

On the plus side for the B2650, many here have said they have no lack of power doing PTO work with implements that are sized to that model.

In the city I live by, a bunch of snow plow contractors are now using tractors with push box blades on the front, and snow blowers.....and they are all B2650 cabs.

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
Looking to get a new B2650 or B3350. Am I fool to still be considering a B3350 due to DPF issues? The physical size of the B2650/B3350 is perfect for my farm. But am a little worried the B2650 is not enough HP for all my future needs. Or should I just stick with the B2650.

I had one warranty issue at about 300 hours and no other problems and I am over 500 hours now.I have no regrets because as an alternative the B2650 has significantly less power and not enough to run a lot of pto implements efficiently.The B3350 also uses a 60 watt alternator instead of the 15 watt dynamo that the B2650 ROPS uses,if you plan on adding lights and such.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I started looking at the B2650 several years ago, and unfortunately it was too light for my needs. I absolutely skipped over the B3350 because of the (seemingly unfixable) dpf issues. Some folks don’t seem to be affected, but you don’t have to look to hard to find a whole lot of problems.
Mostly driven by weight requirements and a cab, I ended up going with an L4060.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

I have a 2018 B3350 with about 20 hours bought new in May of 2018. Wanted a B and 2650 has insufficient power for my needs.

Most (but not all) of the DPF issues have been resolved with the 3350.

I spoke at length with a couple of Kubota representatives at the Louisville show a couple of weeks ago and learned that the 3350 is "still available for sale but not being promoted."

In case you do not know, Kubota is currently developing a common rail engine to replace the mechanically injected engine used in the 3350 and some TOL ZT and F series mowers. As a result, no further development work is being done to the current engine.

Wait for the new engine. Wish I had known about it when I bought mine.

SDT

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
The physical size of the B2650/B3350 is perfect for my farm. But am a little worried the B2650 is not enough HP for all my future needs.
I'd suggest take an honest look at the implements you need now and any future implements you think you'll need, then look at the specific pto hp requirements for those. If they all require 19 or less get the 2650, if they require more then you'll definitely need the 3350. Remember, hydraulic work isn't really limited by hp, but pto output is. I opted for the 2650 since I mainly needed loader and backhoe and do not anticipate needing high hp implements.
Good luck.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Physical size of the B vs the L isn***8217;t much different. I would look into the L3301 if you simply want the horsepower. This will not have a mid PTO though.

Before I understood tier 4 emissions and such, I considered the B3350. My dealer wouldn***8217;t sell me one.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Look at the L3560 if you need more HP and need it now. It's not that big, hp is similar, cab is a available, mid PTO available, some better features, and a safer purchase. Biggest downside is the price, but I don't know that it is that much more.

There are a lot of dealers that won't sell a B3350. That says a lot.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
I have a 2018 B3350 with about 20 hours bought new in May of 2018. Wanted a B and 2650 has insufficient power for my needs.

Most (but not all) of the DPF issues have been resolved with the 3350.

I spoke at length with a couple of Kubota representatives at the Louisville show a couple of weeks ago and learned that the 3350 is "still available for sale but not being promoted."

In case you do not know, Kubota is currently developing a common rail engine to replace the mechanically injected engine used in the 3350 and some TOL ZT and F series mowers. As a result, no further development work is being done to the current engine.

Wait for the new engine. Wish I had known about it when I bought mine.

SDT
You mentioned the rumor of a new engine being developed for the B3350 about half a year ago, or more and it still hasn't materialized. Even if Kubota does come out with a CR engine for the B3350 that doesn't mean that it will be without problems of it's own. The L3301 has a CR engine but I still hear people complain about frequent regeneration cycles. Since you have only put 20 hours on your machine since May of last year it is obvious that you didn't need to purchase at the time that you did but others may not have the luxury of waiting. None of us are getting any younger.

I have north of 500 hours now, plenty of time to establish a track record of the B3350 in my possession. That is probably more hours than most readers here will put on their machines for the rest of their lives. All of my work is with loader or backhoe so my tractor never really labors for any length of time so the exhaust temperatures are lower than they would be if I mowed or pulled a plow. This is not the best atmosphere for a DPF equipped engine so my regens are more frequent than they otherwise might be.

To the OP, buy the 3350 before your back gives out and enjoy it. Another point for the B3350 over the B2650 that is never mentioned is that the 2nd and 3rd range is higher geared on the B3350 so the machine is faster and will get more work done for the same amount of time.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
You mentioned the rumor of a new engine being developed for the B3350 about half a year ago, or more and it still hasn't materialized. Even if Kubota does come out with a CR engine for the B3350 that doesn't mean that it will be without problems of it's own. The L3301 has a CR engine but I still hear people complain about frequent regeneration cycles. Since you have only put 20 hours on your machine since May of last year it is obvious that you didn't need to purchase at the time that you did but others may not have the luxury of waiting. None of us are getting any younger.

I have north of 500 hours now, plenty of time to establish a track record of the B3350 in my possession. That is probably more hours than most readers here will put on their machines for the rest of their lives. All of my work is with loader or backhoe so my tractor never really labors for any length of time so the exhaust temperatures are lower than they would be if I mowed or pulled a plow. This is not the best atmosphere for a DPF equipped engine so my regens are more frequent than they otherwise might be.

To the OP, buy the 3350 before your back gives out and enjoy it. Another point for the B3350 over the B2650 that is never mentioned is that the 2nd and 3rd range is higher geared on the B3350 so the machine is faster and will get more work done for the same amount of time.
Trust me, the common rail engine replacement for the B3350 (or new model number) is coming. I've confirmed this but have no additional information about timing. It takes a long time to develop and test a new engine.

The fact that Kubota had no B3350 at the Louisville show and told me that the 3350 is a "grey area" and is not being promoted (though available) speaks volumes.

SDT

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
With so many other choices being available why take a chance on the 3350? My dealer also refused to sell one to me. For those of you that already own one and are having good luck with them I couldn't be happier for ya and I hope it stays that way.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
So, what is up with the DPF?
The mechanism for regenerating or cleaning the dpf filter is entirely different on the B3350 from that used on any of the other Kubota tier 4 engines. It is extremely complicated, giving more chances to cause trouble. The L common rail engines work way better with the dpf filter. The mechanically controlled indirect inject engine on the B 2650 and 3350 are not a good match for the computer controlled regen process. Or at least that is my read on it. The temperature part of the equation is the means by which the 3350 tries to increase the temp of the exhaust going into the dpf. It does this outside the engine, while the common rail engines do that by controlling the timing of fuel pulses that the go into the cylinder. It is very interesting.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The mechanism for regenerating or cleaning the dpf filter is entirely different on the B3350 from that used on any of the other Kubota tier 4 engines. It is extremely complicated, giving more chances to cause trouble. The L common rail engines work way better with the dpf filter. The mechanically controlled indirect inject engine on the B 2650 and 3350 are not a good match for the computer controlled regen process. Or at least that is my read on it. The temperature part of the equation is the means by which the 3350 tries to increase the temp of the exhaust going into the dpf. It does this outside the engine, while the common rail engines do that by controlling the timing of fuel pulses that the go into the cylinder. It is very interesting.
Bingo.

This, of course, is at least one of the reasons that it is being redesigned.

SDT

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Hey Turkey55.....I'm just up the road in Allyn....have the B2650 (2018)....Love it.
I didn't go with anything above that for the DPF reason.
Come on up and give it a test drive, I think you'll be impressed!
I have some pics in my member area of thing/improvements I've done to it.
I'm very happy with the capabilities it has.

Dave

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
B3350 owner had it for 3 years just performed my 200 hour maintain, tractor has been flawless so far, I have read about all the DPF problems, so far I have not had problem whatsoever.

Last edited:

eastom98

Equipment
John Deere 1026R, 54inch snowblower, FEL, Pallet forks, TSC land rake
Mar 22, 2019
Sault Ste Marie
New to this site. Love all the information. Looking at upgrading from a JD 1026R for a closed cab. Thinking about waiting for the upgraded 3350 that I hear about on this site to hopefully avoid the Regen issues. Also would consider an L3560 but concerned about the physical size of this tractor. Really looking for an enclosed cab mainly for blowing snow and some light dirt work in the summer. Live in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan. Very cold and sometimes very heavy winters like this year. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
If you can wait for the B3350 v2, I would do that. I know there are happy current model B3350 model owners out there, but if you search heavily on these forums and TBN you will see a disproportionate # of issue posts for this model. Messicks posted a specific video just on this machine. My dealer wont stock or sell them.

I wonder if the gentleman with 500+ hours has no issues because he runs the tractor so much. I do realize he mentioned lower RPM operating...which would typically make regen issues worse.

Personally I would skip the current B3350 unless you have a dealer selling it that is 110% willing to do anything it takes to resolve the issues or give you your $$$ back. In many states, the warranty on emissions parts in tractors is much longer than the machine itself. Check in yours.