B7000 oil problem

nicky

Equipment
b7000
Apr 6, 2014
ireland
Hi.
I have a b7000 that has ground up a new set of crankshaft bearings in 6 weeks to the point they are paper thin. Tractor wont run now. I thought it was the cam plug after coming out but it is not. I am in the process of cleaning oil ports to make sure crank ones are not blocked. Next step is replacing oil pump but i cant source one in Ireland. Anyone got one for sale or know where i might get one. Have attached couple of pics.

Attachments

nicky

Equipment
b7000
Apr 6, 2014
ireland
Hi.
Was in the process of getting a pressure gauge and putting it into the oil light port when it died. As the plug at the front of the cam is notorious for falling out , does the one at the rear fall out too ??
Im going checking the crank ports tonight to see if any are blocked.
There must have been some circulation of oil as it has been running for last year or so

bernhardine

Equipment
M4072 (M4D-071), B7000
Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Next step is replacing oil pump but i cant source one in Ireland. Anyone got one for sale or know where i might get one.

I found a used one here in Germany. It's from a dealer and I think, it's tested.

I'm sorry, I can't post the link, because I am not yet allowed to here.

Look for the Part No. 15241-3501-2

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I found a used one here in Germany. It's from a dealer and I think, it's tested.

I'm sorry, I can't post the link, because I am not yet allowed to here.

Look for the Part No. 15241-3501-2
I think 5 posts are required to do photos and links.

You can simply do some more posts with your weather, or anything to get to 5, you'll be allowed. They do need to be a minimum of 5 or so characters.

New members do that often, and it might help nicky find a pump.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oil pumps in these motors rarely wear out or just go out.
Take it apart and check the tolerance of the gears.

Last edited:

nicky

Equipment
b7000
Apr 6, 2014
ireland
I have gotten a pressure gauge to fit where the pressure switch came out. Putting in new bearings to keep pressure on crank and im going to turn the pump with a drill to see if i get a pressure reading from the pump.
Should be around 60psi ????
Thanks for the info on the pump in Germany. Made contact and they will send if i need it.. Rotor parts for pump will cost 50 , whole pump is 77. Might as well get pump.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have gotten a pressure gauge to fit where the pressure switch came out. Putting in new bearings to keep pressure on crank and im going to turn the pump with a drill to see if i get a pressure reading from the pump.
Thanks for the info on the pump in Germany. Made contact and they will send if i need it.. Rotor parts for pump will cost 50 , whole pump is 77. Might as well get pump.
I think you are close on the 60 psi - maybe 55ish will be where the relief valve kicks in - then again cold psi and warm psi with a worn engine will be different!;)

When you place "new" bearings in .....are you turning the crank at all? or just slapping in new over the old journals?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I do believe that the relief valve and the oil filter is in the gear case so your not going to be able to spin the pump and get any pressure readings without the case installed.

Have you checked the pick up screen (they call it an oil filter on that model) and O-ring?

nicky

Equipment
b7000
Apr 6, 2014
ireland
Am turning the journals with fine emery paper. They were a little marked but nothing 15 hrs of polishing cant sort out.***128522;

nicky

Equipment
b7000
Apr 6, 2014
ireland
Yes. Found keymex. They had reconditioned pump. Will send to Ireland if needed. Thank for that.

nicky

Equipment
b7000
Apr 6, 2014
ireland
Quick update.

First cylinder con rod bearing flattened.
Second cylinder con rod bearing fine.
First cylinder crank diameter is 42.75mm diameter.
Thinking crank worn and bearing not tight fitting, started getting flattened when crank revolving.
Connected back oil pump. Spun with drill . Had pipe with gauge pressed into main port with suction pipe into drum of oil. Got to 58 psi before pipe blew out. Oil pump fine.
Anyone know what diameter crank should be and where i might get bearings to compensate for wear on crank ??
Thanks for help. Nicky.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Might check with Kubota dealer on bearings. I remember needing some for a V1902 engine and they had .2mm and .4mm (undersize) available rod bearings.