BX 25 Very Slow IN Reverse, Forward ok

Bensmess

Equipment
BX25 RCK5423BX
Feb 9, 2014
Stafford,VA
I just purchased a 2011 BX25 with 105 hours on it. It is very slow in reverse in both high and low range. The tractor seems to be straining to move. Both forward ranges seem to be ok. The filter was changed at 76 hours by previous owner. The fluid was low and not reading on the dipstick. I added about 2 quarts and it is now in the safe range. Reverse is still slow. I have not adjusted the pedal yet but it seems there is only about an 1/8 inch to go. Manual on page 32 says not to adjust stopper bolts, serious damage to the HST so I left it alone. Any ideas what could be wrong. Or should I try to adjust the stopper bolt for the reverse function. All other funtions of the loader and backhoe seem to work normally. Pictures attached are of the stop bolts. Closeup photo is of rear bolt.

Update!!!!! its fixed thanks for all the great advice. not

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If its not centering then you will have to grease it,, there is a hold in the deck under the floor mat towards the middle of the deck and a grease fitting in there also sometimes you get some gunk up in there and that wont let it return do center,, as far as reverse somebody else is gona have to tell you how to adjust that:D

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Hi Bensmess,
Glad to read you got your problem fixed.
It appears you were a little frustrated at not getting any responses right away.
Sometimes it takes a while for the right person to see your post on these forums, but there are usually lots of members that are willing to share their ideas on how to fix most problems posted.
Since these forums are a wealth of information, would you mind sharing with us what you did to fix your problem.
I,m sure many others will have the same problem you had, and it would be great for all if they could find the solution to fixing the problem by doing a search in the appropriate forum.
Hope you are enjoying your tractor.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I just purchased a 2011 BX25 with 105 hours on it. It is very slow in reverse in both high and low range. The tractor seems to be straining to move. Both forward ranges seem to be ok. The filter was changed at 76 hours by previous owner. The fluid was low and not reading on the dipstick. I added about 2 quarts and it is now in the safe range. Reverse is still slow. I have not adjusted the pedal yet but it seems there is only about an 1/8 inch to go. Manual on page 32 says not to adjust stopper bolts, serious damage to the HST so I left it alone. Any ideas what could be wrong. Or should I try to adjust the stopper bolt for the reverse function. All other funtions of the loader and backhoe seem to work normally. Pictures attached are of the stop bolts. Closeup photo is of rear bolt.

Update!!!!! its fixed thanks for all the great advice. not
So WHAT fixed the problem??

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm having the same problem worked good in Idaho moved to Michigan now reverse is slow
That will teach you to move out of Idaho!
Your tractor is revolting, it want to go back. :D

Ok seriously something probably just got vibrated out of adjustment in the move.
How is the pedal movements?
Any unusual noise?

ya472

Equipment
bx25
Aug 5, 2016
Qualicum
I have a 2010 BX25 that I purchased in 2013 with 300 hours on it. Reverse has always been an issue, but now in 2019, using the tractor yesterday, with 2100 hours on it, reverse response is getting ridiculously slow. I have been watching for someone to post a solution.

Since the original poster had a hissy fit and wasn't nice about posting his solution, I will assume it must be a pedal adjustment?

I will try this today and if it works, I will come back with my solution.

I have had many issues with the BX25, and most I have repaired myself. I have posted a series of videos on YouTube so my solutions can be viewed by others.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Follow the HST pedal link rod from the pedal to the transmission. Back on the transmission, there is a rod end that connects the link rod to the transmission arm. The rod end is held on with a nut. Have seen quite a few of the nuts either loosen up or just fall plumb off, both will cause HST response issues-mostly in reverse.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Follow the HST pedal link rod from the pedal to the transmission. Back on the transmission, there is a rod end that connects the link rod to the transmission arm. The rod end is held on with a nut. Have seen quite a few of the nuts either loosen up or just fall plumb off, both will cause HST response issues-mostly in reverse.
Yup - that's it. Had the issue with mine and while getting at the nut is a little finicky it's doable. Wildfire posted a video on the issue (sorry not sure where to find it these days).