Third function on my L2501

Equipment
L2501DT LA 525FL BH77
Mar 24, 2019
Ocala Florida
I am new to tractors, purchased but havent picked up from dealer yet a L2501DT/LA525FL/BH77.

Im considering strongly adding a third function so I can run a grapple.

Im picking up bits and pieces of how I can make this happen, I evidently do have options and Id like to be educated on what those options are so I can make a decision on the direction to go that suits my own needs.

Evidently there are diverter valves, true 3rd function and remotes.

Im leaning toward the true 3rd function option after watching this guys video

Its the first Ive found that explains it in a simple way.

Im hoping someone here can either explain to me or tell me where to get a very simple basic understanding of the 3rd function and how it works.

Pictures would be great.

Id also like to understand what parts are needed to put something like this together.

Im mechanically inclined, I feel that there is a chance I can save some money putting together my own system.

Im looking for a Kubota part number for a COMPLETE Kubota kit so that I can price things but am not having any luck, can anyone here provide that?

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A third function is simply a spool valve, most are electrically controlled so that they can be operated via the single joystick, opposed to another lever that you would have to move to make it work.

Your probably not going to save any money making a third function set over buying one already made.
There are quite a few variables involved in making a good and safe setup. ;)

If you do want to dive in and make your own, You'll need a Open center spool valve, with the proper flow and pressure ratings, you'll need various lines, hoses, and fittings.
You'll need a joystick handle with the appropriate switch setup to match the requirements for your valve.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
The kit that kubota sells for your tractor is made by Land Pride and is really nice not cheap probably 750 bucks for the kit but it's worth it in my opinion.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The kit that kubota sells for your tractor is made by Land Pride and is really nice not cheap probably 750 bucks for the kit but it's worth it in my opinion.
Just FYI, Land Pride is owned by Kubota