Seat Safety Switch

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
I had the same problem as when I leaned right the tractor would shut off. I put up with it fore a year and then I tried shims and ended up with a wire tie. I can just slide the wire tie so the switch will work again which I do if someone else is going to run the tractor. Maybe not the right thing to do but it is better than surrizecoasting downhill when the tractor shut off. My skid steer has a switch under the seat and it is in the center od the seat no problem with that ever locking out the hyd system

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
How silly have we become..??? ***8230; when we are afraid of removing/disabling a device that was only added to protect manufacturers from the lawyers who represent people who should never be operating motorized equipment to begin with... in a time when reading the Owner's Manual Safety-Warnings became too troublesome for the those same people who shouldn't be operating the aforementioned equipment.

What a circle.... Disable the switch. If you fall off the tractor it's gonna kill you whether or not that switch stops the motor because it makes another 100 revolutions anyway and so does the shredder.

If you are truly safety-conscious... then you should be wearing your seatbelt and that switch therefore becomes needless anyway.

markbxr400

Equipment
L3901, LA525, RC1860, SCR0660, BB1260
May 19, 2018
Magnolia Springs, aL
Due to the wind and resulting pollen and dust, I mowed about half of 6-7 acres backwards today. I was sometimes looking over my left shoulder, sometimes looking over my right. Zero issues. As others have suggested, must be an adjustment issue.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
Well, I tried out the latest "adjustment" and it seems to work pretty well. Cut a small square of 1/4" plywood and used two sided tape to fix it to the tractor and covered that with electrical tape. I don't have as fat an a$$ as some must have and this, at least short term, works.

Attachments

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
On my B3200, it was pretty simple to defeat. Unplug the two wires from the seat switch, cobble up a jumper (short cable with 2 spade connectors) insert in to cable ends you just removed from seat switch and it is disabled/bypassed. If you have to, remove the jumper and plug it back in to the seat switch. Far easier than zip ties, wood, electric tape..... Not a big fan of that switch. With cutting 9+ acres it is nice some times to just stand up for a minute or two without worrying about stopping or the tractor shutting down.