LA534 Loader hydraulic arms extending uneven

Pavedog

Equipment
B2650 LA534
Jan 23, 2019
FAIRFAX STATION
Hello,

New guy here,,,,,,:) I have a B2650 with LA534 with quick connect. When I went to put on my snow plow a few weeks ago I noticed that it looked like it did not line up evenly. I figured it was just the uneven ground but I put i on a level part of my drive way today and took measurements from several different points. I found that the left dump curl hydraulic cylinder extended 1/2" to 5/8" vs the right side cylinder. What I don't know is if the quick connect is bent and if that could manifest with the hydraulic rams extending differently?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Hello,

New guy here,,,,,,:) I have a B2650 with LA534 with quick connect. When I went to put on my snow plow a few weeks ago I noticed that it looked like it did not line up evenly. I figured it was just the uneven ground but I put i on a level part of my drive way today and took measurements from several different points. I found that the left dump curl hydraulic cylinder extended 1/2" to 5/8" vs the right side cylinder. What I don't know is if the quick connect is bent and if that could manifest with the hydraulic rams extending differently?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you certain your driveway is flat...? Most driveways have around 2% slope, which is a little more than 3/8” fall per foot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think what you are trying to explaining is what's called being out of time.
It where one pad is slightly forward of the other.

One of the quickest ways to fix it is to put a chain or strap on the leading pad and hold it back and advance the other pad via the hydraulics to get them to line up.

Pavedog

Equipment
B2650 LA534
Jan 23, 2019
FAIRFAX STATION
I think what you are trying to explaining is what's called being out of time.
It where one pad is slightly forward of the other.

One of the quickest ways to fix it is to put a chain or strap on the leading pad and hold it back and advance the other pad via the hydraulics to get them to line up.
Thanks for the tip. So with the bucket off and the quick connect still on put a chain around the side that is extending farther, what do I attach the chain to? Do I only extend the hydraulic arm until it matches the other side? What will keep it from happening again?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Attach the chain or strap back to the frame of the tractor or the loader frame where ever it works without doing any damage to anything else.

Extend it till it make the 2 match when they are in a relaxed state.

It shouldn't do it again unless you don't get one of the latches to engage the attachment.

Pavedog

Equipment
B2650 LA534
Jan 23, 2019
FAIRFAX STATION
Wolfman,

Thanks for the help it worked, although it first it did not seem to be working. I first chained it from the top of the quick connect pad to the frame that supports the loader arm and I was able to match them but once I took the chain off and cycled the dump curl cylinder it would go back to being mismatched. What I had to do was match it at several different places in the cylinder stroke, then reattach the bucket and it finally matched up. I believe when the cylinders were mismatched it bent the quick connect a small amount but now all is good. Thanks again for the help!

willyswagon

Equipment
B2650 HSDC
Mar 19, 2019
SOURIS, PEI
The same issue happened to me last night. I was tryng to get the brush burnt before the wind came up today. A branch must hve hit the QA handle, partially releasing it. When I pulled the tractor in the garage last night I saw that one side was not secure. It wouldn't reattach to the grapple as one side got out of timing with each other. I removed the grapple and got a sick to my stomach feeling. When I pulled the cylinders back it was fine, roll them forward, and they were out big time.

I'll head out to the garage to try this method.

willyswagon

Equipment
B2650 HSDC
Mar 19, 2019
SOURIS, PEI
I was able to get them to work together by securing one tab with a strap. I then put the bucket on, moved some snow, then put the grapple back on. thanks for the idea. I love this site!

RandyHop

Equipment
2015 MX5200-HST, FEL LA1065, Land Pride Grapple,, Woods 72"Mower
Apr 8, 2020
Portland, Oregon
Same thing happened to me, twice. Costs $800+ to fix it, each time.
Bent

I have a 2015 MX5200 with the quick attach.
With the Grapple(Land Pride SGS1566) on the frint, I've had the grapple fall off many times.

It tweaks the round bar between the quick releases, and makes things bent and unalighed.

Terribly poor design. The Kubota dealer said it is "user error". Which is a bunch of crap. Grapples and buckets should not fall off. The quick release should have a method of not backing out.

Any ideas?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bent

With the Grapple(Land Pride SGS1566) on the frint, I've had the grapple fall off many times.

It tweaks the round bar between the quick releases, and makes things bent and unalighed.

Terribly poor design. The Kubota dealer said it is "user error". Which is a bunch of crap. Grapples and buckets should not fall off. The quick release should have a method of not backing out.

Any ideas?
This seems to happen to certain implements more than other, grapples have a high instance of this happening.

Where the levers flipped in the open position when it fell off?

If yes then you'll need to make a manual way of holding the levers in the locked position, as the most likely reason they are coming unlocked is from brush, sticks, debri popping them open.

Or they are damaged where they do not have enough tension to stay locked down.

If they are staying locked and it's coming off, then most likely the grapple frame is made wrong, has too much tolerance, is flexing and making the pins pop out, or the pin pockets are made wrong and the pins are not locking into place.

Reactions: 1 user

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I know this is an old thread but thought I’d try to put a picture to how I fixed mine, when this happens to someone else in the future.
I had tweaked mine early on and was working around it ok until today, when I got provoked.
The pad with the chain and binder on it had gotten a little ahead of the other one.

Last edited:

HawaiiOrangeMX5400

Equipment
Kubota Mx 5400 loader and backhoe grapple forks box please finish mower
Apr 10, 2022
Hawaii
I know this is an old thread but thought I’d try to put a picture to how I fixed mine, when this happens to someone else in the future.
I had tweaked mine early on and was working around it ok until today, when I got provoked.
The pad with the chain and binder on it had gotten a little ahead of the other one.
View attachment 64831
Hi
Thanks for adding this technique.
Then cylinder pressure wasn’t enough to bend the pad back. The chain winch worked perfectly.

ugxvibe

Equipment
Nov 27, 2022
NC
Hi, new member here. Just wondering why I can't see a picture here? I am trying to fix the exact thing on mine. Bucket came off and it's a bit twisted. I'd like to see the technique. Thanks!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Bent

Any ideas?
My fix for the QA release arms coming loose while doing heavy brush work.
I also had a twisted QA frame from one arm getting popped open by bushes branches unnoticed while backing up, caught the forks frame on a stump and after that couldn't re-attach without a full retract to force it to fit back into the QA slots.
Apiece of angle, some nuts and bolts, and a drill did the job nicely.
The locking arm I made is pretty quick to lock and undo. No more QA frame bends with this unit!

IMG_20201227_200612017.jpg IMG_20201227_200535541.jpg IMG_20201227_200432006.jpg IMG_20201227_200418046.jpg
IMG_20201227_200358682.jpg IMG_20201227_200253164.jpg