Attachment stuck on quik hutch

drs5082

Mar 3, 2019
US
I'm a newbie so I'm looking for a little help. I hooked up my grading scrapper to my L2501 tonight and graded my driveway. It took about 45 minutes total. When I went to drop it, the quick hitch wont release it. I pulled the levers to release it and it is on level concrete. I've had the scrapper hooked up before and never had issues with it releasing. Do the pins for the quick hitch need a little grease or wd40 to help? I tried moving in all positions but I cant get it to budge. I finally gave up when it got dark. Any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Try adjusting the top link so the hooks clear. Mine will not pick up or drop an implement unless the frame of the hitch is vertical. Spray lube never hurts, but the angle is critical.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Like Sheepfarmer said, it's the top link that needs to be adjusted so the hook releases.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
I'm a newbie so I'm looking for a little help. I hooked up my grading scrapper to my L2501 tonight and graded my driveway. It took about 45 minutes total. When I went to drop it, the quick hitch wont release it. I pulled the levers to release it and it is on level concrete. I've had the scrapper hooked up before and never had issues with it releasing. Do the pins for the quick hitch need a little grease or wd40 to help? I tried moving in all positions but I cant get it to budge. I finally gave up when it got dark. Any advice is appreciated.

maybe try dropping the scraper onto a pallet :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
maybe try dropping the scraper onto a pallet :D
Yep - a pallet, blocking and/or BFH (Big "Darned" Hammer) help. Sometimes, I will hold 3PH lever down, and just a stomp with my foot on the lower link will free it up.

Understand that if the 3PH control/lever is not allowing it to lower, or to go lower than a certain point (position control), pounding/jumping/stomping won't work, since the internal hydraulic cylinder for the 3PH won't allow it to go down; you're just beating against the cylinder's seals....

As sheepfarmer and Wolfman said, make sure the top link is adjusted so it's not binding also.

I'd start with a pallet or a couple pieces of 4x4...my box blade sits on a simple frame I made for it specifically for this reason. My QH doesn't go low enough if the BB is on the ground.

The carry-all is on 2x's just so it doesn't cut in to my pavers...

Last edited:

drs5082

Mar 3, 2019
US
Try adjusting the top link so the hooks clear. Mine will not pick up or drop an implement unless the frame of the hitch is vertical. Spray lube never hurts, but the angle is critical.
I adjusted the top link this morning and it came right off. Thanks for the help.