B3350 or B2650?

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
I wonder if the gentleman with 500+ hours has no issues because he runs the tractor so much. I do realize he mentioned lower RPM operating...which would typically make regen issues worse.

That's a good question.I purchased my tractor in late September of 2016 and I only work it on weekends.My regeneration cycles are more frequent than others have reported,anywhere from 10-12 hours on average but I attribute that to the type of work that I do with it.All of my work has been either with the backhoe or the loader and that is not the best conditions to keep the exhaust temperatures high.I run it full throttle whenever I can but sometimes,especially when I am working in close proximity with someone it is downright dangerous for various reasons so I run it at about 1850 rpm.The parked regens occur about every 90 hours.I did have one warranty issue with the reformer which is part of the regeneration system at roughly 290 hours.This is a nearly $2,000 dollar part so it was not a small deal but it was covered completely by the warranty.I don't regret my decision in buying my tractor especially when comparing it with the performance of the B2650.I live in a fairly warm climate,which I'm sure helps,but I have used it in 20 degree weather.It was noticeably harder to start but not what I would consider a problem.One other advantage that nobody mentions is how quiet the DPF equipped engine is.I have tried to hear an exhaust note but my ears don't pick it up.All you hear is the whir of the engine and the clatter associated with all diesel engines.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
New to this site. Love all the information. Looking at upgrading from a JD 1026R for a closed cab. Thinking about waiting for the upgraded 3350 that I hear about on this site to hopefully avoid the Regen issues. Also would consider an L3560 but concerned about the physical size of this tractor. Really looking for an enclosed cab mainly for blowing snow and some light dirt work in the summer. Live in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan. Very cold and sometimes very heavy winters like this year. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm a fan of the Grand L series tractors, going from an open station L3410 to an L4060 cab. The L3560 has some very useful features that a B series will not have, particularly the HST+ transmission.
Since you mention snow duty with a lot of snow, also consider the heavier weight of the L3560 , which is a big plus for snow removal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

eastom98

Equipment
John Deere 1026R, 54inch snowblower, FEL, Pallet forks, TSC land rake
Mar 22, 2019
Sault Ste Marie
I'm a fan of the Grand L series tractors, going from an open station L3410 to an L4060 cab. The L3560 has some very useful features that a B series will not have, particularly the HST+ transmission.
Since you mention snow duty with a lot of snow, also consider the heavier weight of the L3560 , which is a big plus for snow removal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I keep going back to the L4060. Absolutely love the size and looks of this tractor. Everybody tells me not to go too big. Only have an acre of property but love blowing snow and having more power than I need and the comfort of the cab. Really looking for a tractor that I am going to keep for the next 15 years without wanting to upgrade. Also considering the JD 3039R sorry still like green too. From videos I have been watching, the B series does have quite a bit of transmission wine and the Grand L series does not seem to have this. What to do?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
What to do? Get a bigger property! :D. If not now then some day.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I keep going back to the L4060. Absolutely love the size and looks of this tractor. Everybody tells me not to go too big. Only have an acre of property
I have an acre I mow, and a BX. I'm struggling to justify going to a B2601, but probably going to do it anyway.

Ultimately my two concerns are:
  • having a machine that's not nimble enough for tasks I do around the house - so too big to go behind the house, doesn't turn sharp enough around trees, chews up the lawn when mowing
  • other people laughing at me for having a large tractor on a small property

For the first, I think a B2601 is still fine. You need to make your own decision on whether an L4060 will get into all the spots you want to use it.

For the second, I've decided I don't care what other people think. I might find it hard to tell myself that about an L though. I guess it comes down to how thick skinned you are.

Other than that, it's a toy, and if you want a bigger toy then get one. Some people have massive boats that they hardly ever put in the water, at least a tractor will probably get used.

eastom98

Equipment
John Deere 1026R, 54inch snowblower, FEL, Pallet forks, TSC land rake
Mar 22, 2019
Sault Ste Marie
So today I was talking with the owner of the dealership that I have been looking at the B2650 and B3350. He stated that his sales rep indicated Kubota is going to release information in the fall on the updated engine for the 3350. Thinking it will be Common Rail Injection ???? I think that is what it is. So I will be waiting patiently for this to be released and if it looks good, this is what I will be going with. Just wanted to share with all.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So today I was talking with the owner of the dealership that I have been looking at the B2650 and B3350. He stated that his sales rep indicated Kubota is going to release information in the fall on the updated engine for the 3350. Thinking it will be Common Rail Injection ???? I think that is what it is. So I will be waiting patiently for this to be released and if it looks good, this is what I will be going with. Just wanted to share with all.
I posted last year about the upcoming common rail engine for the B3350 and other applications but this is the first that I have heard about timing.

If I was shopping, I would certainly wait for the new engine.

SDT

emt0423

Equipment
B2650 HSDC
Mar 8, 2019
Wisconsin
Will the common rail injection still have a DPF filter???

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Probably, but there is a Massey Ferguson small tractor that meets tier 4 standards with common rail and WITHOUT a dpf filter. All the slightly larger Kubotas, L33o1 and L3560 are common rail with dpf filters. Those don't have the regen problems the B3350 has had.

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
I keep going back to the L4060. Absolutely love the size and looks of this tractor. Everybody tells me not to go too big. Only have an acre of property but love blowing snow and having more power than I need and the comfort of the cab. Really looking for a tractor that I am going to keep for the next 15 years without wanting to upgrade. Also considering the JD 3039R sorry still like green too. From videos I have been watching, the B series does have quite a bit of transmission wine and the Grand L series does not seem to have this. What to do?
You are correct. I have both a B2650 and a L6060 and the B2650 is ear screaming loud compared to the much larger L6060.
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Yes, unless they derate the engine, which is unlikely.

SDT
Or it could go with a DOC like the Mahindras.

From what I've read, the DPF is something that will need to be removed and cleaned out or replaced. A DOC, on the other hand, is more like the catalytic converter and may never need any service.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
......................From videos I have been watching, the B series does have quite a bit of transmission wine and the Grand L series does not seem to have this. What to do?
I don't have any current production Kubotas, but in my experience with the tractors I've owned that is true. When I bought a new B7500HST, it was much more noisy than the old Ford 1210 HST. When the L3200HST came along, it was so noisy that I needed ear protection (even before building the cab). The most recent addition was an L4240HSTC and it is an entirely different (quieter) experience. The HST+ trans was a real bonus. I would expect the newer series of Grand L's to be at least that good or better.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I don't have much to compare with as far as brands since I only have the one Kubota, but I do know that my 2650 came new with regular UDT fluid. At 30 hrs I changed to SUDT2 and the HST whine has reduced by 40-50%.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I don't have much to compare with as far as brands since I only have the one Kubota, but I do know that my 2650 came new with regular UDT fluid. At 30 hrs I changed to SUDT2 and the HST whine has reduced by 40-50%.
Bingo.

My B3350 has almost 25 hours on it now. I have the filters and SUDT2 on the shelf.

It's not really objectionable, but I'm expecting improvement when I do the 50 Hr. service.

I also plan to change the HST oil in the L6060 for the first time this summer. Again, SUDT2 and filters on the shelf.

SDT