Rear blower on a B2650

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I have a 2650 with cab. Looking into rear blower options. I don’t have rear remotes, but I do have 3rd function in front. 2 questions: 1). Is it feasible to run hydraulic lines to the front remotes to run the hydraulic chute without effecting the FEL functions? 2). If not, with my cab, would I be able to turn the manual chute crank from my cab, with the rear window opened (not ideal).
Thanks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a 2650 with cab. Looking into rear blower options. I don’t have rear remotes, but I do have 3rd function in front. 2 questions: 1). Is it feasible to run hydraulic lines to the front remotes to run the hydraulic chute without effecting the FEL functions? 2). If not, with my cab, would I be able to turn the manual chute crank from my cab, with the rear window opened (not ideal).
Thanks
If you have the Kubota supplied third function system, the third function circuit is independent of the lift and dump circuits.

Cannot speak regarding other third function systems as some (many, all?) use solenoids to divert oil from the curl circuit.

SDT

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
1. I would imagine that the 3rd function would work fine, just need to run the hoses.

2. Operating the hand crank via the rear window is not practical and sorta defeats the purpose of having a cab.

3. It's relatively simple and inexpensive to rig an electric chute rotator with a switch in the cab. That's what I did using an old 12v boat winch as the motive power.

The above picture was taken while I was still working on the idea. If you watch the video, you'll see that I replaced the cable with a chain.

Video of it in operation

Linear actuators are another popular way to do it.

Last edited:

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Other than the long run of hose, there should be no problem. Plenty of easy hose routing options under most tractors I have seen. I would buy some hydraulic hose sleeving and put it over both lines for the run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro