Kubota/Buhler Partnership

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
My apologies to tthorkill as I just noticed he already posted about this.

My excitement got the best of me, LOL.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not like Kubota builds their big M tractors in Japan or here anyway, they are European as are their hay tools.

Around here at least, Deere and CNH have a pretty good lock on the 130 pto horsepower units and up.

I looked at a Kubota round baler the other day, my NH net twine round baler is depreciated completely and I'm in the market for a new one but I'd buy a Claas before I bought a Kubota. Same applies to mowers but NH over Kubota.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Not like Kubota builds their big M tractors in Japan or here anyway, they are European as are their hay tools.

I'd buy a Claas before I bought a Kubota
Aren't Claas also European? (to be fair, German, and I buy lots of German things because I like their engineering).

Treckerzeug

Equipment
Carraro tgf 7800 taijfun 4,5 t winch, trailer with crane, double bl saw
Apr 17, 2015
Bavaria South Germany
Hello,

Buhler did a take over of Versatile, before most of it was taken over from Rostelmash, who is a
Famous manufacturer if russian combine harvesters named Niva and Don,
Claas is indeed german, the balers are made in france in Woippy,
The hay machines are made in the formerly well known Bautz factory in Saulgau,
Kubota did a take over of kverneland, some years before kverneland had bought
Vicon, PZ Zweegers in the netherlands and Fahr hay making machinery part of deutz-Fahr and a couple more,
The message is
In hay machinery you have mingle up of dozens if brands and factories....

I would buy, the dealers service and parts availability.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Now Flip don't let your prejudices override your buying decision. Get some reviews from folks using the equipment, not your neighbors using something else.

https://www.agupdate.com/tristatene...cle_3a71ecf1-f00c-561c-b53a-7afcd5b6e8af.html
I hold no candle in any review of hay tools on the net. I'd consider a Class varible chamber round baler because I know someone that has and uses one. Far as parts go on bailers, they don't break down often if properly maintained.

Don't care for JD round balers because the belts are slack when in the no bale position. I prefer tensioned at all times chevron belts. I'll probably buy
another NH simply because I've had no issues with the previous one or the one I have now and trade in wise, NH hay tools hold their value very well.

Besides, NH hay tools are made in Pennsylvania not offshore.

Interestingly, my dealer got in a Kubota disc mower last year and sold it to a local guy who has had nothing but issues with it. My NH disc machine, other than routine maintenance and knife changes has been 100% reliable.

We will do some pictures this year so everyone can see what my 'hobby' is.
When you do what I do, 100% reliability is paramount.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Flip, just own up to it, you're a wealthy man and buy whatever you get an itching to just so you can write it off on your hobby.

I bought a used Vicon disc mower about 6 years ago. The guy that had it was always in a hurry and removed the restrictor in the hydraulic line so the cutter bar would lower quicker. After enough slams to the ground the housing broke. He got frustrated and wet to town and bought a new one.

I bought if for a song, fixed it up and have not had one problem since I had it.

Some equipment operators are a blessing to our economy. They're always buying.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Flip, just own up to it, you're a wealthy man and buy whatever you get an itching to just so you can write it off on your hobby.

I bought a used Vicon disc mower about 6 years ago. The guy that had it was always in a hurry and removed the restrictor in the hydraulic line so the cutter bar would lower quicker. After enough slams to the ground the housing broke. He got frustrated and wet to town and bought a new one.

I bought if for a song, fixed it up and have not had one problem since I had it.

Some equipment operators are a blessing to our economy. They're always buying.
They all have restrictor discs in them (or are supposed to anyway).

I actually have 2 mowers. I have the center swing NH discbine with the rubber crimp rolls and a JD side swing with an SCH cutter bar and rubber crimp rolls. I keep the JD as a spare in case I get a field I'm not familiar with. The sickle bar mower will eat bout anything where the disc bine won't. Shock load on a disc machine can be extremely costly to repair.

Some people have no sense. You cannot slam a cutter head down without breaking something.

I keep my float light on both machines as a precaution.

I'd like to have a new NH Mow Max but the one I have now is fine. next year will be a new rake for sure. Probably a double head Swadro rotary. I started out with a side delivery, went to a carted wheel rake and finally a rotary. I cut my dry down time by a day with the rotary. Don't use acid at all though my balers are set up for acid. Have a 55 gallon drum of propronic green saver in the shop I never used.