Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Fabrication & Customization

Fabrication & Customization Show off and share the details of your custom improvements to your tractor, your truck or anything else you get your hands on.

Old 1 Week Ago   #11
RCW

Master Tech

Equipment: BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Default Re: hitch receiver for BX

Quote:
Originally Posted by atitus View Post
I wish I could have done that. No welding experience. Its something I would love to be able to do. How do you even get started to learn that? It seems like videos on youtube are great for a lot of things bur welding seems like it wouldn't be one of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Many options...***8230;.Community college class, high school shop or vo ag teacher, friend or neighbor that welds or self teach. Only problems with the last 3 are their bad habits tend to get passed along.
For me, I'm mostly self taught on GMAW and GTAW. My stick welds leave a lot to be desired.
Good luck with your training. Welding is one skill that requires hand on training. You can only learn so much reading books or watching videos.
Regards
Ping has great advice.

With guidance from the guys here at OTT, I bought a Lincoln 210MP a few years ago. I used it on 120v for a season, then I put a sub-panel in my garage so I could run 240v. Last I welded was "on the farm" and in high school with Lincoln tombstones.

I humbly posted pictures on OTT of some projects with very sad welds....

Several experienced guys offered pointers to help me out....notably Daren Todd and D2Cat, and others too.

There are many highly gifted welders/fabricators/craftsmen here that are willing to help educate you - - I'm not one of them, but I'm improving with their help...

One of the many great things about OTT....

Last edited by RCW; 1 Week Ago at 08:31 AM.
RCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement