L1500DT 3 point slow to rise, low pressure

mrflorida

Equipment
l1500dt
Nov 26, 2018
Florida USA
3 Point goes down smooth, stays up once its up but is very slow and sometimes "notchy" going up.

I removed pump first, checked it out inside and cleaned it up. had some wear on bronze bushings but nothing obviously major. reinstalled no change.
next I ordered pressure gauge.
while waiting for gauge I removed hydro control valve cover and cylinder/piston. cylinder is pitted and piston scuffed but nothing crazy. ball honed cylinder and polished piston. reinstalled no change.
got gauge and adapter to fit port, got 500 psi max

so question is should I order a new pump or take the whole lift cylinder and cover off to check out control valve? Sound like pump or possible that control valve has issues?

Anyone have parts layout for this tractor? one weird item i'm also needing to source is driveshaft ujoints and rear end of it's yoke splines are all rusted away.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Have you cleaned the screen yet?

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
one weird item i'm also needing to source is driveshaft ujoints and rear end of it's yoke splines are all rusted away.
The L225DT (US Version of L1500DT) MAY OR MAY NOT be identical :confused:
and
MAY OR MAY NOT still be available

Attachments

mrflorida

Equipment
l1500dt
Nov 26, 2018
Florida USA
No, really don't think it "should" be clogged but its next on my list to be certain.
Guy I bought it from split the whole thing to do the reverse gear and clutch so the fluids look real good, figured he would have cleaned screen at that time also (few years ago although). But gonna drop oil and check for myself

mrflorida

Equipment
l1500dt
Nov 26, 2018
Florida USA
The L225DT (US Version of L1500DT) MAY OR MAY NOT be identical :confused:
and
MAY OR MAY NOT still be available

Thanks for those, with help of here I did learn the yokes are no longer available but the whole driveshaft is @ over $400 though.. ouch
may research the splines and dimensions to see if I can find a substitute ( i can always cut off and weld on new stub if I can find anything like that.)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A comment that will be of no help to Mrflorida, but I noticed on the bill of material list Bill posted, #17,18, 19. They call them "end tie rod".

Must be an example of the Japaneese/English verbage Lugbolt mentions. Could be real confusing to someone new trying to figure what is what.

mrflorida

Equipment
l1500dt
Nov 26, 2018
Florida USA
well well, I should have started at the strainer because it is horrible.
my guess is the guy never removed it
it is getting an ultrasonic bath now and I'll report back if it was the problem.

side note the strainer has a snake shape to it, is that normal? i'll try to straighten it out some after its cleaned and make sure its seated properly when reinstalling but might look for a new one soon.

mrflorida

Equipment
l1500dt
Nov 26, 2018
Florida USA
screen blockage it was, thanks for mentioning this again and making me take a look.
works great and now I can use it like its ment to be used.
4x4 driveshaft is next on list to source or fix, i'm more motivated now I know there isn't a massive hydro issue I was fearing.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
screen blockage it was, thanks for mentioning this again and making me take a look.
works great and now I can use it like its ment to be used.
4x4 driveshaft is next on list to source or fix, i'm more motivated now I know there isn't a massive hydro issue I was fearing.
No problem. I figured it was a long shot, but I'm a believer in easy stuff first.