Coolant in the motor! Need help! B6200

Sjanakovic

Mar 18, 2018
Kitchener,Ontario, Canada
Tractor- b6200 kubota motor d850a 3cyl diesel motor

Good afternoon Iam new to the forum I have searched all over online and watched the video and section on oil being in the coolant but I have the opposite. I bought the tractor last year not running. Went to do an oil change and noticed oil very light looking. So right away I knew coolant was mixing. For some reason I left drain plug out of the oil pan and poured in coolant. As fast as I was pouring it in the top of the radiator it was comming out of the oil pan drain plug! Yes like I said as fast as I was pouring it in the radiator it was pouring out of the drain plug on the oil pan. So next step I did not pressure test it. I took the motor apart immediately. Cyl head off checked frost plugs looked good too the head to local machine shop. They pressure tested it and skimmed the head said no cracks or worpage. So now with that in mind it threw me off. Ok so now with the head off and front cover off I poured coolant in the gallarys in the block to see if it would go down fast but nope coolant say in there for 6days did not move at all. Also every motor of pictures I could find all models had frost plug behind the gear mine does not. It had a flat plate/flange with a gasket behind it. So with the cover off the gaskets all looked good no sign of coolant by passing anywhere.

Me and my dad are stumped and finally decided maybe we just buy all new gaskets and out t all togeather and see if it works maybe it was a gasket we don’t know what to do!

Thanks in advance guys!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That tractor and engine came in 2 different versions.
One version had no water pump or thermostat and was a thermo-siphon system ,
The other version had a water pump, a thermostat, and was a circulating system.

Both of them will have a cover on the front of the block, that covers the water port, and that could have a bad gasket.

By what your saying, the most logical choice has to be that you had a bad head gasket.
The other thing would only possible if it's a water pump model.

Last edited:

Sjanakovic

Mar 18, 2018
Kitchener,Ontario, Canada
thank you for your help! i will be ordering piston rings honing the bottom end new bearings on crank and ordering a brand new water pump all the seals for front cover head gasket new injector tips new glow plugs and get this baby back up and running. i will keep you guys posted on this once iam done! may be a a bit though. lol

thanks!