B2650 Little Beast

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
So I’m finally getting to put some seat time in on the 2650. I wanted to post my thoughts on it for people curious if it’s big enough for the tasks at hand.

I’ve been blown away by the things this little tractor can do. From grading my 600’ gravel drive, to picking up stumps and boulders left from clearing for my home. It’s done everything I’ve asked. I chose to run 54” bucket and grader box for fear of it being a little light for any bigger of the two. Also I have loaded tires. I am happy with my choice. It can bog a little with a full load of #2 stone while grading and when trying to dig in the hard clay that my yard has blessed me with! I feel the 54” implements really come in handy when cutting or digging any wider and I’m not sure it would do what I’m asking at least not as easy. I had a 60” bucket on loan from the dealer before my 54” came in. It seemed to put a lot of stress on the loader arms that I don’t get with the 54”.

Learning to use the weight of the tractor to your advantage has been fun and rewarding. A little tricky but once you get the hang of it the things it can do are amazing.

As far as lift capacity. I have a EA 50” Grapple that weighs in at 275lbs it doesn’t even blink at lifting big trees and rocks.

For those looking at a nice tractor w/ great features and comfort for some bigger home owner tasks but want to keep your footprint small for woods work and/or storage purposes. And also keep your weight down to not ruin the yard. Don’t think twice the B2650 is your tractor. It will do what you ask, maybe a little slower than a bigger tractor but just ask the wife to pour you some more sweet tea and enjoy!

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Nice. They definitely don't disappoint. I have the old B2620 and nothing has stopped it yet.
That grapple must be nice. I have to use just my forks to do that stuff you are doing.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
It will lift a 1979 Ford F250 sled pulling truck off of the ground and move it as desired. I was able to chain on to the front or rear and rotate the bucket down, lift the arms up until the chain was tight and then curl the bucket up and pulled the truck off of the ground and then start moving it side to side as I wished.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I never tried lifting a vehicle, but that is an AWESOME truck!!!!

What's the specs on that?

I sure miss my 77.

Larry0071

Dec 30, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pa
I never tried lifting a vehicle, but that is an AWESOME truck!!!!

What's the specs on that?

I sure miss my 77.
79 F250 Camper Special
521 BBF was 1170 HP with a cast intake, single Dominator and on VP C16 gasoline.

It's a Ford Motorsport SVO block, iron EX-514 heads and intake, 0.920" lift Crower solid roller. The engine was around $35,000. That's why we got out of the game. We lost 2 engines in 2 years. At over $30k each time, we dropped from that scene.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
That's awesome Larry! Guess that's why you need lots of sponsors in motorsports at those costs.
Motors in my big trucks cost that, but at least the trucks make money when they are moving, LOL.

So are you still keeping the truck? I wouldn't part with that.

Thanks for sharing.