Bad Vibes!

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Something I've never had happen before on the way home from the office tonight. Terrible vibration at 40-55 mph. Really bad, felt like wheel coming off type bad, but no noise! Only 5 miles home so just slowed down and kept going. Turns out it was ice frozen to the inside of the rim. We've had snow and I suppose the slush re-froze while it was sitting at the office after lunch. It was just on the rears.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I've had that happen before. Got a little vibration in the work truck. Started onto an exit ramp and the steering wheel started flopping back and forth and felt like the front end was fixing to come out from under the truck :eek:

In my case it was mud in the rims. Rims had gotten caked on a job site. Had some chunks work there way out of the rim and caused the vibration. Cranked the tires all the way in one direction, then scraped the inside of the rims as best I could. Was much better till I got to the shop and could wash out the rims with a pressure washer :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats scary no doubt !!!! I had a Jeep truck, and fitted and OLD Myers snow plow to it,, worked like a dream,, but was way to heavy for the front springs... SOOOOOO in my infinite wisdom, I figures since I had an old pair of coil over springs laying around, I would put them over the shocks and life would be good. And it was for a while, until I had the plow off and hit a pot hole,,, good Lord Almighty :eek::eek::eek: it was all over the road. Anyway after making a extended stop along the road, and placing my soiled clothing in the bed of the truck I also limped home. I found that one shock had had rusted through and all the damping oil had leaked out. And when the wheel hit a hole the main spring would flex and then the coil spring would compress, and then flex back the other way, causing the main spring to compress and them flex back. This caused an oscillation, which to say was attention getting, would be a gross understatement. I replaced the shocks threw the springs away, sold the plow and forgot about plowing snow for any one but my self