L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
Out of curiosity how often are you guys regening your tractors? I have done my l3901 twice once at 33 then again at 46. Havent been mowing since its winter and i have let it idel a good amount in those 13 hours. The popping soud i read about in one post is the ignition for the regen process. I have a mack at work i just had to put injectors and new dpf filter in due to regen issues. I was very leary about buying my tractor because of the dpf but i have a guy that cleans them cheap so i figured id give it a chance.

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
Out of curiosity how often are you guys regening your tractors? I have done my l3901 twice once at 33 then again at 46. Havent been mowing since its winter and i have let it idel a good amount in those 13 hours. The popping soud i read about in one post is the ignition for the regen process. I have a mack at work i just had to put injectors and new dpf filter in due to regen issues. I was very leary about buying my tractor because of the dpf but i have a guy that cleans them cheap so i figured id give it a chance.
On my MX4800, the first was at 45ish hours and now at 90 waiting for the second. I expect it at anytime, but also, most of my work is at PTO speed which seems to prolong the need to regen.

Cousin Eddie

Equipment
L4701HST, LP RCF2072 Rotary Cutter, LP RTA2072 Tiller, Diamond C 45HDT
Sep 14, 2016
Southeast Kansas
Had my first one on my L4701 at 29 hours. Very little idling in that time and almost never at the lowest throttle setting. Almost all of it has been in the PTO range, mowing or tilling.

dotcop690

Equipment
KUBOTA L3560, LA805 LOADER, 6' BOX BLADE, 6' BUSH HOG, GRAPPLE, TILLER
Dec 28, 2016
United States
Have a L3560 with 42 hrs. Have not been in regen yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I have a regen coming up soon, this time I will check to see how long before the next one as I've never checked.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
There are millions of trucks on the road using this technology. "I had my first regen" is a non event. Sort of like a teenagers first kiss, interesting to you but not us.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Not necessarily, the interval is interesting, at least to me, since it appears to be different in different engine sizes and dpf setups. As well as use.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Not necessarily, the interval is interesting, at least to me, since it appears to be different in different engine sizes and dpf setups. As well as use.
I also wondered if the quality of fuel has to do anything with it. I usually only buy mine at one station, an Esso, the closest garage to me. Would switching garges make any difference, like going from Esso to Irving here in Canada?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't know about individual brands, but the manuals caution against "low quality fuel" to avoid contaminating the dpf. I got the impression that when I added the anti gel winter power service the dpf % bar graph went up faster than before. However it was also colder, the reason for the additive in the first place. Mine consistantly uses 3%, more when really cold, to get up to operating temp. That would also probably make the first regen time not predictive, since during dealer prep and delivery it may have been turned on and off a bunch of times.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
There are too many variables for interval timing to mean anything. It's like asking what my MPG is without knowing where and how I drive.

Cousin Eddie

Equipment
L4701HST, LP RCF2072 Rotary Cutter, LP RTA2072 Tiller, Diamond C 45HDT
Sep 14, 2016
Southeast Kansas
There are millions of trucks on the road using this technology. "I had my first regen" is a non event. Sort of like a teenagers first kiss, interesting to you but not us.
That is the topic of this thread, if you don't like it then don't click on it.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
There are too many variables for interval timing to mean anything. It's like asking what my MPG is without knowing where and how I drive.
Your right but I don't think anyone is looking for an exact. I have an L3560 and if mine is doing a burn between 40 and 50 hours, after what I've read here, I would think it would be in the ball park. If it were between 5 and 15 hours I'd be in the repair form instead of here if you know what I mean.

bham

Equipment
l3301
Jan 28, 2017
alabama
Here is a list of my regens on my L3901DT

No code has to be inserted here.
MY 3301 is about on par with yours
1st about 20 hours, 2nd at 33 and 3rd at 45. i followed the instructions on the fender but still had to park it. it's annoying.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Also worth mentioning while on the subject of poor quality fuel is the use of poor quality fuel FILTERS. Specifically aftermarket fuel filters. Most of the ones that Kubota has tested do not meet Kubota specifications as far as how small they'll filter down to. Thus, use of an aftermarket fuel filter on a Kubota common rail system engine (anything with a DPF) can cause some warranty issues should a CRS pump or injector fail.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
MY 3301 is about on par with yours
1st about 20 hours, 2nd at 33 and 3rd at 45. i followed the instructions on the fender but still had to park it. it's annoying.
Is the "Parked regeneration" indicator coming on, or are you just stopping what you are doing and parking? Most of the time when the "Regeneration" indicator start flashing, I just up the RPMs till the "Engine RPM increase" indicator goes out, then it takes a little while before the "Regeneration" indicator goes solid. Run it at that RPM till the "Regeneration" indicator goes out.

rt014

Equipment
L4701, Farmi 501, EA Wicked Grapple
Jan 6, 2017
Schroon Lake, NY
My new L4701 just had it's first one today at about 36 hours. Went for about 15 mins while I continued grappling logs.