L295DT hydraulics

stepdoctor

Equipment
L295DT, loader, backhoe, John Deere 40W, International 140
Jul 3, 2011
Troutville Virginia
Hey OTT, Need some hydraulic help on my L295DT. Just put a hyd pump on this ole girl after removing and cleaning the control valve and all of the hydraulic parts under the seat. Even replaced the piston and cylinder due to some rust. Changed all of the fluids and filter. I have a block on my relief valve used to pressurize the fel which I have a hose connected to the in and out ports since I have the fel off of the tractor for maintenance. After putting on the hyd pump, my lift arms do work now, but move slow and it sounds like it is putting a strain on the tractor when I try to lift the arms. I have a gauge connected to the port on the front and get no reading. Hope someone has had this same trouble and can shed some light on this. Other than paint and body work, a soon as this hyd issue is resolved, this old girl will be as good as new. Will send some pix when I get done

stepdoctor

Equipment
L295DT, loader, backhoe, John Deere 40W, International 140
Jul 3, 2011
Troutville Virginia
Finally fixed my hydraulic problems and just want to thank everyone for your help and information. After replacingthe pump and going through all of the hyd cylinder, replaced the control valve with a used one from Wenger's. Good place to find hard to find parts. Now it is on to the body work and paint. I will have some b4 and after pics soon. Thank again for all of your help.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
:D

Sounds GREAT!

Finally fixed my hydraulic problems and just want to thank everyone for your help and information. After replacingthe pump and going through all of the hyd cylinder, replaced the control valve with a used one from Wenger's. Good place to find hard to find parts. Now it is on to the body work and paint. I will have some b4 and after pics soon. Thank again for all of your help.

Nancy

Equipment
L295DT
May 9, 2012
Saxonburg, PA, USA
Wow, that project is impressive. We have a L295DT that we were just told needs a new drive shaft and coupler. Any chance you have a picture of what that is? The repair shop folks said it can't be repaired - they can't get the parts. They offered to put the snap ring back on and try to wire it on, but want us to sign something that says they make no guarantee that it will last even a day. We are not mechanics, but we have the repair manual and would really like to keep this tractor running and not have to buy a new one. Any help you can offer will be very much appreciated.
Nancy