hydraulic troubleshooting

stepdoctor

Equipment
L295DT, loader, backhoe, John Deere 40W, International 140
Jul 3, 2011
Troutville Virginia
Hey guys, I need some info on hydraulics. Trying to troubleshoot my system on an L295DT. Need to know the basics. How the fluid flows through the entire system etc. Pump to relief valve to control valve to hyd cylinder to draft control and back to pump is what I think happens, but no sure. Not too familiar with hydraulics. Right now I have 200lbs from the pump, either the relief valve is not working or maybe there is a check valve somewhere in the system that aint working. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.....

stepdoctor

Equipment
Jul 3, 2011
Troutville Virginia
Vic, there is a block attached to the top of the relief valve that took the place of the factory cover for the relief valve. I assume this could be used to feed a fel. I am using a pressure gauge from Northern Hydraulic that reads up to 3000psi. I am connecting to the forward fitting on the block and after changing the hyd oil today, I am now getting around 500psi at this point. Since I am not too familiar with hydraulics, this is as far as I have gone. PS I did replace the filter screen along with the oil. According to what I have found out and by looking at this block, I should be able to connect a hose from side A to side B of this block and looks like I should be providing pressure to the hyd cylinder, control valve and draft valve if I am looking at this correctly. While cleaning the relief valve, I found a machine screw inside the relief valve, I assume they were trying to increase pressue, I removed it and there are 3 shims inside which I left in place. The lift arms do not move and I am now lost. Not sure if there is a check valve or something that could possibly be causing the hyd cylinder not to work. any help would be greatly appreciated, George

stepdoctor

Equipment
Jul 3, 2011
Troutville Virginia
Vic, I do have a 1200hd loader and a l720 backhoe on this tractor and both are plumbed from the pto pump. My problem with that is I do not have a 2 stage clutch and loose loader functions when I depress the clutch. I checked the pressure on the block attached to the relief valve. I will check the pressure on the front of the hyd cylinder housing. I am concerned about the relief valve since the previous owner had a machine screw inside the relief valve to what I assume is, they were trying to increase pressure or who knows what. I do not have an original service manual but did order a WSM that is just a poor copy. Not sure what a PM is that you were asking for.
Thanks

EdGizara

Equipment
B2910 w/LA402
Jun 8, 2019
Savannah, GA
Can anyone assist me. I am looking for a complete rebuild kit for a Husco 9210-82A for my LA402 or a reasonable replacement option.