2016 M 7060 rocks back and forth in park

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Hi my M 7060 rocks back and forth in park sometimes anyone else have this problem or any fixes or recalls thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I downloaded and quickly read through the owner's manual.

Do you have the 12 speed transmission as it seems to be the only way to get a "PARK," position not involving the brake pedals? I would not be surprised if there is some play in the drive train with a park position resulting in a bit of movement of the tractor but if it was parked downhill it would not move.

Dave M7040

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Have seen quite a few of them do it. Kubota factory tech was of no help, said it's "normal"-viscous drag on the shuttle clutch.

I'd like to know a solution as well.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Have seen quite a few of them do it. Kubota factory tech was of no help, said it's "normal"-viscous drag on the shuttle clutch.

I'd like to know a solution as well.
Lugbolt.

Did the Kubota tech say it was the same on either the 8 sp or 12 speed transmission as only the 12 speed seems to have a PARK position?

On the 8 speed, the brake pedal is locked down.

On the 12 speed it appears to me at first glance for PARK to do two things. Lock the brake pedal down (but not using the lever near the pedal) and block the transmission also.

How do you interpret this info from the Owner's manual?

Dave

RoBoss

Equipment
Kubota M5040
Feb 13, 2015
Henderson, Ky
I have a M5040 that does the same thing at times. The problem will go away for 2 or 3 days, then it will happen again. I have just learned to live with it. Doesn't seem to hurt the tractor any. If I need it to stay still, I can put the Hi/Low speed selector in neutral and the rocking stops. The clutch or shuttle shift lever does not change the problem.