New to the Tractor world with a L2501

Gumpmann84

Equipment
L2501
Mar 17, 2018
Eugene, OR, USA
Howdy all.

My Dad and I finally joined you all in the joy of owning a tractor. I've been doing research on compact/utility tractors for years, but we only now pulled the trigger. :cool:

My Dad has one 3.5 acre and one 10 acre parcels of land. Lots of trees, trails, orchard, and the desire to put in a garden and maybe small vineyard. We do a lot of lumber harvesting and milling of logs, one of the properties was part of the fires in California, but after the power company came through and cleared any trees near the power lines (after the fires...:rolleyes:) they asked and subsequently left the lumber. Which we look forward to milling.

Based off of his needs I came down to the decision of going Orange rather than Green and then between the B2650 and L2501. It was a tough one. But decided on the L2501 based on the bigger and beefier frame and the added weight it would give us for pulling logs around.

I got a 60" rotary cutter for the trails and orchard. I am also having the dealership put the additional forward hydraulics on with a grapple for moving the smaller logs and clearing brush. Eventually we'll get a tiller and probably a finish mower.

I'll post some photos when we get her dirty. :D

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
Howdy all.

My Dad and I finally joined you all in the joy of owning a tractor. I've been doing research on compact/utility tractors for years, but we only now pulled the trigger. :cool:

My Dad has one 3.5 acre and one 10 acre parcels of land. Lots of trees, trails, orchard, and the desire to put in a garden and maybe small vineyard. We do a lot of lumber harvesting and milling of logs, one of the properties was part of the fires in California, but after the power company came through and cleared any trees near the power lines (after the fires...:rolleyes:) they asked and subsequently left the lumber. Which we look forward to milling.

Based off of his needs I came down to the decision of going Orange rather than Green and then between the B2650 and L2501. It was a tough one. But decided on the L2501 based on the bigger and beefier frame and the added weight it would give us for pulling logs around.

I got a 60" rotary cutter for the trails and orchard. I am also having the dealership put the additional forward hydraulics on with a grapple for moving the smaller logs and clearing brush. Eventually we'll get a tiller and probably a finish mower.

I'll post some photos when we get her dirty. :D

Specially..which grapple did you go with ?

Gumpmann84

Equipment
L2501
Mar 17, 2018
Eugene, OR, USA
So. Sorry for the delay. Did a little mowing with the tractor for its first use. Then a few days later moved one dump trucks worth of mulch all over the property. Can’t wait for the grapple to come in moving slash with just the loader is not the way to go. IMG_3962.JPG

IMG_3961.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk