Food plot No Til Drill

ichversuchte

Mar 31, 2017
Enola, PA USA
I have roughly 3 arces of food plots to plant and ha e been broadcasting over the last few years. A good part of my seed is always carried away from rain runoff.

What are my other options? Maybe a kasco no till drill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
A big expense for 3 acres. Get a cultipacker and use that after seeding That will push the seed in the ground. Or you can just drag it in with springs or fence or a drag. I use a spin seeder on my tractor and the cultipack it in never had a problem. Mine is flat ground

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
What they said and a no till is a hard pull. We sold our Great Plains a few years ago after getting our farms seeded, just too much money to keep it sitting around fr food plots.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Check with your local soil conservation district. We rent out 3 of them here. $10 an acre. Doesn't pay to own one for small acreages when you can just rent it.
2 of ours are 10 ft JD. I pull them behind my M4500 but wouldn't want to send an inexperienced operator out on much more than gently rolling ground. The 3rd is a Truax 10' easier to pull, harder to set.

ichversuchte

Mar 31, 2017
Enola, PA USA
Check with your local soil conservation district. We rent out 3 of them here. $10 an acre. Doesn't pay to own one for small acreages when you can just rent it.

2 of ours are 10 ft JD. I pull them behind my M4500 but wouldn't want to send an inexperienced operator out on much more than gently rolling ground. The 3rd is a Truax 10' easier to pull, harder to set.

Great idea. I’ll check. Appreciate the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I have been planting similar to you for years and my process is to plant just in front of a forecast for rain, excluding a wash out.

I disk then spread seat, broadcast. I then disk over again for grain or larger seeds to cover lightly, have blades on disk almost straight. Then when planting smaller seeds like clover broadcast then follow with a cultipacker pulled by my 4-wheeler. The young people in my lease love this part they can ride and ride.

Has worked great for me and some off my plots are on slopes but not hills.

Good luck.
Jay