Best use for dishwasher!

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
So I'm redoing the plastic body work on a Cub 1864. The grill especially was in bad shape and took a lot of filling and patching. Of course prior to applying the adhesion promoter and primer to the plastic it has to be really clean.
Wouldn't you know it's a perfect fit in the wife's dishwasher!:D
I wish the side covers and hood would fit in there... probably the bathtub for those.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Dishwasher tablets make a great degreaser / cleaner. I use them in a 5gal bucket or large pan when I need to clean stuff like that. Dissolve and use a bristle brush to clean away. Never tried the dishwasher mainly because I don't want the grease and oil from a cover going in to the septic and secondly, I don't want the wife to have something new to hang from the rear view mirror......

Another thing to try is get some Simple Green and spray it on full strength. Let sit and use a sponge or soft bristle brush to remove the grime. I used this to clean a bunch of gear that was smoke damaged from a house fire. Worked great. Wear gloves.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
and secondly, I don't want the wife to have something new to hang from the rear view mirror...... Yeah buddy, we all been there one time or another

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
That works great for traps too! I got all mine done but u have to do them overnight and get up an hour before the wife does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk