What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
cut the grass with my 1860 in pitch black dark, days are too short now, headlights worked well, regular thing for me in the fall. neighbors think I’m weird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Took the R4s off and put the R1s on getting ready for the winter snow just have to wrestle the chains on next :eek:.

Attachments

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
That sound like a lot of work. Having R4s for summer would be nice to have.
Swapping out the tires is easy but getting the chains on can be a bear they weigh about 160 pounds each thank God for the backhoe outriggers. :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nothing will make for a warm October and November faster than doing this....[emoji15]
I have some woods work to do, and want loader and under armor on....bet it’ll be 80 on Halloween...[emoji3064]

Same applies for taking snowblower off too early...we had 34” on 3-14-2017....[emoji3064]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mowed the neighbors field today. It hasn't been done in two years :eek:

Grass was between 5' and 6' tall. First picture look closely. There is a tractor in it :p:D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HooperHill

Equipment
Kubota L3901, Landpride RCF2060, Meteor Snow Blower, Kuhn 60" Rototiller
Oct 6, 2019
Ryegate, VT
I installed my granite front steps with my Kubota BX1860. Really impressed with this little guy! Moved a stone weighing ~1,200 pounds and then lifted to a height of about 16" to set it into place. This is probably pushing the limits of what this tractor can do (lots of weight on the Heavy Hitch), but it didn't hesitate.
Would like to see a photo of the granite front steps. Sounds like a nice project.

HooperHill

Equipment
Kubota L3901, Landpride RCF2060, Meteor Snow Blower, Kuhn 60" Rototiller
Oct 6, 2019
Ryegate, VT
Took the R4s off and put the R1s on getting ready for the winter snow just have to wrestle the chains on next :eek:.
Jeez, how do you do that? Are the tires on their own rims or do you actually remount them? You must have a good system and some skill. I changed the width of the back wheels on my L3901 yesterday and it took a full day. Went from the widest setting (62" overall to 58"). This way my 5' implements (tiller, snowblower, and rotary cutter) all fit so they are slightly outside the wheel width. (Came from the dealer at the widest setting a month ago).

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Nicely done on the field mowing. Looks sharp!
Thanks. The old Kubota was grunting pretty good over the grass. Had to mow most of it in 3 low. Occasionally I could grab 4 low. And a few spots it was so thick, I had to drop her down to 2 low.

Mowed a section across the street that I did last year. That wasn't bad. I was able to run in 4 low for that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Jeez, how do you do that? Are the tires on their own rims or do you actually remount them? You must have a good system and some skill. I changed the width of the back wheels on my L3901 yesterday and it took a full day. Went from the widest setting (62" overall to 58"). This way my 5' implements (tiller, snowblower, and rotary cutter) all fit so they are slightly outside the wheel width. (Came from the dealer at the widest setting a month ago).
They are complete sets so all I have to do is take one set off and put the other set on. The rear tires are filled so I use a forklift to handle them the front tires are just air so you can throw them around easy.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren in that first picture there is no tractor. That's you taking a wizz!:D
HA! Thought the same thing, 'Cat!

That's really Daren "scoping" the project....and the Mrs. caught him taking a wizz..

Seriously, looks great Daren! Nice job!:cool:

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
They are complete sets so all I have to do is take one set off and put the other set on. The rear tires are filled so I use a forklift to handle them the front tires are just air so you can throw them around easy.
Now having a forklift is just cheating :D

I don't know where I would put another set of tires and rims. I don't have enough room for what I have now. The chipper is in the basement and the tiller is out in the open.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We got a new trailer (new to use) and tried out the Kubota on it. No issues with getting the Kubota or the MF275 on there. The MF383 would not fit.

Attachments