B7200 3PH problem

Jkgts1

May 28, 2017
Riverside ca
Hello I'm new here I'm also a new tractor owner. Please forgive me if I don't know all the correct terminology. So I have a used B7200 standard trans I believe not the HST. I bought it with a loader already on it and it operated okay but seemed like the valve control probably needed some work. Anyway I sprung a leak on one of the hoses on the loader. At this time I really have no use for the loader so I removed it from the tractor. I need help with where the hydraulic lines go after removal. I have a distribution block where there is a valve and the block is inline with 2 ports. I'm assuming this is where the power is tapped from for the loader.
So I have 2 lines coming from this block to the Valve that controls the loader and a third line that goes from the valve to the fluid fill opening under the seat. The loader is model B1630 FYI. So, what I did was flip the valve 90 degrees, because now there is no loader. The return hose from the oil fill opening I hooked the "out" going port on the distribution block. And I capped the second port on the block. So in the end my 3PH doesn't work since I did this. Can anyone help me?

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I am a bit confused where the "valve" is. Are you talking about the loader control valve, or a valve under the seat diverting oil from the 3ph to an accessory?

I believe the most common way to supply a FEL is from a distribution block somewhere on the side of the tractor. The pipe to the 3ph is interupted by a line to the loader control valves, which must be "open centre" type. When the valves are in neutral, flow returns to the 3ph supply. When a control valve is operated, flow to the 3ph is cut off. Fluid flowing out of a moving cylinder is returned to the reservoir directly through a 3rd hose.

When removing the FEL, one must complete the circuit from pump to 3ph and abandon the 3rd hose (return direct to reservoir). Connecting the first two hoses together would work. Or there may be a different cover to install on the distribution block that has an internal passage instead of outlets. Or, perhaps a 3-way valve. I am only familiar with the B7100, but the owner's manual or FSM should give you specifics about your B7200.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Re-reading what you wrote, I suspect you have a by-pass valve that should be opened between the two ports before plugging both ports and abandoning the line to the filler.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The lines that come from the block and to the valve are Power out and PB (Power beyond), and the the line that goes from the valve to under the seat to the fill is the Tank (return).

You need to cap both the ports on the block and cap the port on the return fill fitting or just remove it, and yes the valve needs turned to the rear to allow fluid to go to the three point control. ;)