Kubota KX161-3 Problem

Plowboy2020

Equipment
Kubota KX161-3, Kubota KX41
May 27, 2017
Thomasville NC USA
Hello folks, I have a 2006 KX161-3, 3300 hrs. The engine was built about 3150 hrs. New injectors also. The machine is strong but recently it has started losing power while i'm using it. At first I thought it could be a fuel issue so I took the tank off and cleaned, blew the lines out, new filters, fuel additives etc. I'm at a loss, Just wondering if anyone else had any problems like mine with the machine dying out under a load. It doesn't cut off, and i didn't see any smoke. Could it be electrical? Could it be the injection pump?????

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello folks, I have a 2006 KX161-3, 3300 hrs. The engine was built about 3150 hrs. New injectors also. The machine is strong but recently it has started losing power while i'm using it. At first I thought it could be a fuel issue so I took the tank off and cleaned, blew the lines out, new filters, fuel additives etc. I'm at a loss, Just wondering if anyone else had any problems like mine with the machine dying out under a load. It doesn't cut off, and i didn't see any smoke. Could it be electrical? Could it be the injection pump?????

Thanks
Could be hydraulic, if a relief valve is not working properly.

A video of what it's doing is always helpful! ;)