M4700dt 3 point not functioning

buzzsaw32444

Feb 24, 2017
Panama City, FL
Rehabilitating a 2000 model. Was used for landscaping. Abused and neglected for years, repairs made by a jack-leg mechanic who made "repairs" by butchering the electrical system. I'm addressing issues one at a time. The three-point system does not raise or lower. The control levers were frozen, but WD-40 and gentle persuasion has freed them. Is there an actuator inside the transmission? (Recent trans oil and filter change, flushed the hydraulics, FEL and power steering working fine.) What should I look for to troubleshoot this problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Assuming it is more or less the same as my M4500 then yes, the spool valve assembly that controls the 3 point is inside the transmission. Send me an e-mail and I'll scan and send you the Troubleshooting Flow chart for the 3 point from my WSM. I think you have to have the top of the case off to do most of the diagnosis steps.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The control levers were frozen, but WD-40 and gentle persuasion has freed them.
Just a point of interest - WD-40 really isn't a good penetrant or lubricant. It's designed more to eliminate moisture. I used lots of it over the years, too. Learned that stuff here on OTT.

I've gotten to use PB Blaster or other penetrating oil, then follow with an appropriate lubricant. Been using Fluid Film for some stuff lately with good results. Of course, an old-fashioned pump oil can is a good thing, too!:cool:

Just don't want it to freeze up on you again. :eek:

Good luck! :cool:

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The 40 came from the inventor who was working on a product for the space industry to disperse water (prevent rust). It was his 40th formula that finally worked. That's the name WD40 (water dispersant 40th formula)