Bx Series - Inner tie rod replacement boots

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Good deal, glad we figured it out.

Probably other people could have the same issue, so thanks for asking the question!

Kyle_CMU

Equipment
BX1870 and B7100D - HST
Mar 27, 2013
Midland, MI, USA
Ordered, thanks!

Also, since you asked for feedback. Good video, but better lighting would have made it a great video.

Last edited:

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Thanks Kyle. Shipping tomorrow.

I agree, the lighting in my garage is stinks!

I've been analysis paralysis on what led lights buy.

I need to bite the bullet and get that project done!

Thanks for the feedback and order.

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Hey Guys:

The coupon had expired, so I've put up a new sale that will go through the end of April. Hope everyone has a blessed Easter.

$14.95 for an inner kit and $19.95 for a combo kit.

Ebay sale link

** Click add to cart in Ebay for discount to show up.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks!
Tony

bcuster

Equipment
B2650 w/ cab, FEL, BH, 63" snowblower w/ extensions, grapple, forks, box blade
Jul 10, 2015
State College, PA
Tony, I STILL haven't gotten around to installing the new boots on my B2650. Have you heard if anyone else has tried, or have had any fit problems? Hopefully I'll get some time at the end of the week to install.

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Haven't got a chance to confirm fit on the 2650 yet. I'm going to be heading past the dealership tomorrow...if we have time I will try and take a quick measurement.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
My BX25D is a year and a half old, about 150 hours on it, both inner tie rod boots are spitting/cracked. I've ordered 'the kit'.
Thanks Tony!:)

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Wow, the kit was delivered today. But no time to install for a little while.:p

Tony, it looks like a good solution to a problem that should not exist. Thank you.:)

BTW, my dealer would replace the boots under warranty if I trailered the machine the hour to his shop, left it and came back a week later. Or he would mail me the parts if I would mail the torn boots back. Or if I'd pay a $120 'on site' service fee. For warranty work. My sales guy retired and is very saddened by the lack of support from the dealer. Salt in the wound is I was there last weekend as I was in the area for other reasons. Picked up some filters and other items. They gave me the wrong parts...... <s of a plane going down in flames> :mad:

Last edited:

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Appreciate the positive comments guys.

Good luck on the install Will and let me know if you have any questions.

I know exactly how you feel....It seems like initial quality of many things I buy is horrible.

I love my tractor, but it's like many other things I own....it has some weak points...and is not immune to some minor quality issues.

That is the goal of my business....to provide high quality solutions at a reasonable cost that save people time and effort.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Tony, did the boots, stupid easy. 30 minutes start to finish and I dawdle. Popping the tie rod end out required a couple of sharp raps from a 3lb hammer (with a nut on to protect the threads).

All four boots on my machine were bad. The outters were not that bad (less stressed) but once removed, the cracks in the boot was obvious.
I keep my machine out of the sun, the OEM boots lasted less than 2 years. The joints were clean and greased still, though I added some more stiff grease.:)

8 turns on the left, 7 on the right ;)

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Tony, did the boots, stupid easy. 30 minutes start to finish and I dawdle. Popping the tie rod end out required a couple of sharp raps from a 3lb hammer (with a nut on to protect the threads).

All four boots on my machine were bad. The outters were not that bad (less stressed) but once removed, the cracks in the boot was obvious.
I keep my machine out of the sun, the OEM boots lasted less than 2 years. The joints were clean and greased still, though I added some more stiff grease.:)

8 turns on the left, 7 on the right ;)
William,

head a little east! I'll buy lunch!:)
I need to do the same - just havent found the time via winter and the feeakin rain! Finally nice now, I got too many pokers in the fire. I really do want to get it done - glad to know it isnt that bad. Tony has a great product!

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
William,

head a little east! I'll buy lunch!:)
I need to do the same - just havent found the time via winter and the feeakin rain! Finally nice now, I got too many pokers in the fire. I really do want to get it done - glad to know it isnt that bad. Tony has a great product!
Yeah... 2 hrs each way is more than a lunch ;)
Really very easy to do.
I have a quick attack bucket and took it off so I would not hit my head on it.
I jacked the tractor up with a floor jack.
Front wheels were way lighter than I thought they'd be. But still a pain to hold and get the first bolt started on re-installation.
Tie rod popped right out with a few good and square 'thwacks' (nut on the end to protect the threads-if you use the castellated nut, take it off and flip it around so you do not bend the 'Castellations')
The large part of the boots use a coil type ring, if you catch the beginning, it will unwind off. It can be reused by 'winding it back on'. I used a zip tie only on the small side of the inner boots. I'd of re-used the stock ring but it was too hard to get it on the boot and I did not want to risk tearing up the boot on the rod end threads.
It took me almost as long to write this as it did to do the job!

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Hey Guys:

The coupon had expired, so I made a new one through the end of May.

http://ebay.us/gkUA5v

** Click add to cart in Ebay for discount to show up.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks!
Tony

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
My assumption is it is pretty good likelihood if I have had inners replaced under warranty once already it would be smart to do outers at the same time I pull everything apart to do inners?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
The outers don't seem to go as fast as the inners do....they are a little more protected. Having said that, they are the same natural rubber material and will not last nearly as long as the polyurethane replacements.

I started offering the outers, because of people finding them to be in poor condition too when changing the inners.

For an extra $10 bucks, I think it's worth it....but I am a little biased :)

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
Well im going to let the dealership replace them once more under warranty....my last service experience with them was terrible so I am going to give them another shot in case I really do need them in the future...given the last set was put on 6 months ago I'm sure I will be looking for aftermarket soon. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BillK01

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, LP 1560 back blade, Front mount snow blower, Ferris ISX800 ZTR
Mar 17, 2017
Near Pittsburgh, PA
Any chance of another OTT coupon for July? Planning on ordering a set. :)

Thanks.

Bill