I know that it's green, but...

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Once I got caught up on the stabilizer list, I focused my attention on my dad's tractor. He's waited 10 months for a set of telescoping stabilizers, and he's been very patient.
So, I built a set for his JD 5065E. These were a prototype- I wanted to make the lift arm bracket removeable, so that the turnbuckles could be put back in service, if necessary.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
They look great in any color!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
.... These were a prototype- I wanted to make the lift arm bracket removeable, so that the turnbuckles could be put back in service, if necessary....
??? Does anyone have pics of similar before conversion? Trying to decipher what on the lift arm bracket created a conflict that could prevent the turnbuckles to be put back in service. never having seen a JD lift arm...

Very sound fabrication!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Nothing prevented the turnbuckles from being used. They attach to the triangle-shaped bracket welded to the lift arm, with a clevis pin. I needed to use a ball pivot, but I didn't want to cut the bracket off of the lift arm. So, I made a bracket that slides over and bolts to the factory bracket. Otherwise, I would have had to alter the lift arm. I didn't want to do that.

In this photo (from Tractorhouse- not our tractor), you can see the plate bracket and the clevis attaching the turnbuckle. I wanted to retain the ability to return to that configuration, if necessary.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I just thought about it- I should have painted them Kubota Orange, for a touch of elegance.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I just thought about it- I should have painted them Kubota Orange, for a touch of elegance.
I think your Dad appreciates the green more. However, you could have painted them NEON green for color fun! (add in some glow in the dark paint and really make them stand out!) :p

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Midnight graffiti run. ;) :D

Some of those welds look questionable,:eek: maybe you "need to fix them". :D

Seriously, they look great!

Every time I use mine I wonder how I managed without them.:)
Thanks again.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Nothing prevented the turnbuckles from being used. They attach to the triangle-shaped bracket welded to the lift arm, with a clevis pin. I needed to use a ball pivot, but I didn't want to cut the bracket off of the lift arm. So, I made a bracket that slides over and bolts to the factory bracket. Otherwise, I would have had to alter the lift arm. I didn't want to do that....
ahhhh... I see now. Didn't know what a JD arm looked like. It is something like THIS: JDArm.jpg

So you made a section to fit over the triangle JD manufactures as part of their arm. With all of it same color green could not tell what was JD and what was Hodge :p

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Like ol' Henry Ford said, "you can get em in any color you want....as long as it is Kubota orange".......

that was Ford wasnt it ??? ;)

Nice job Mark.:)