Riding wide with new wheel spacers

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Installed 3 1/2" BORA spacers on my L3901 tonight. Not to bad a job just took a little time but worth it. Should help raise my pucker factor mowing on these hills. Widened it to 70" outside rears. Feels much better now.I don't understand why Kubota doesn't make them where they could be set this wide considering how much more stable they are. I've got two Mitsubishi's and both of them will go that wide without spacers.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I agree - the pucker factor is not a good feeling when loads get high!

That was the first thing I did on my BX, and it made a huge difference. I would think that Kubota would offer that in some sort of package deal, like a simple add on when buying a new tractor. Shoot, just from sanity alone, worth their weight in gold!:eek::)

Nice job on the spacers:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Mike, surely you meant to LOWER your pucker factor!

On the flat lands of Eastern Kansas wheel width isn't much of a factor. I have to adjust the wheels of my Case IN to match the disc mower setup!!

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
To clarify I meant to raise how far I can go before the pucker factor kicks in so you're right I worded it wrong.

cmorris1

Equipment
L3901 HST
Nov 30, 2014
Louisville/Hart Co.
Very nice job, where did you order your spaces? I have the same tractor and cut and move around in KY and would love to add the width to my 3901 to stop pulling the vinyl off the seat!! Thanks alot
chris

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Very nice job, where did you order your spaces? I have the same tractor and cut and move around in KY and would love to add the width to my 3901 to stop pulling the vinyl off the seat!! Thanks alot
chris

these guys are top notch - ordered a set 2 years ago - money very well spent!

http://www.bro-tek.com/wheel_spacers/

DRWPT

Equipment
Kubota L3130HST
Jul 3, 2021
Oklahoma
I have a lot of slopes and hills on my property and feel like I probably ought to have a wider stance on my tractor. My first thought is that the “wider the better” should be true but am kind of confused by all the choices. From 2” to 6” then front AND rear or just rear. I’m not mowing with this tractor other than brush hogging and using the front end loader, (thinking of adding a backhoe). Thanks for the advice.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: ... why Kubota doesn't make them ....

The tractors are designed,built,sold and shipped for a certain 'market'. Say you redesign for 3" wider. Means you need different axles,maybe stronger steel, better axle seals,new rearend castings , etc. AND a LOT of testing,both in the computer AND in the real world. While 3" isn't that much, maybe now 80% of the buyers can't use them ,due to crop spacing/implement setups? shipping...hmm, that extra 3" might mean not as manytractors can be put into a seacan, THAT would increase shipping costs, so tractor cost goes up to you.

Anyone know if the spacer makers actually test them in the real world ? Does (will) K honour warranty claims if axles/rearend casting break to 'modified' tractors ?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
re: ... why Kubota doesn't make them ....

The tractors are designed,built,sold and shipped for a certain 'market'. Say you redesign for 3" wider. Means you need different axles,maybe stronger steel, better axle seals,new rearend castings , etc. AND a LOT of testing,both in the computer AND in the real world. While 3" isn't that much, maybe now 80% of the buyers can't use them ,due to crop spacing/implement setups? shipping...hmm, that extra 3" might mean not as manytractors can be put into a seacan, THAT would increase shipping costs, so tractor cost goes up to you.

Anyone know if the spacer makers actually test them in the real world ? Does (will) K honour warranty claims if axles/rearend casting break to 'modified' tractors ?
Kubota sells spacers for that model.