light on the rops

mark123

Oct 25, 2009
trenton
I was looking at putting lights on my rops that face backwards, that way I can see behind me. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if so how you wired it up. I am thinking of either tapping into my switch for the front lights, or just adding a new toggle switch just for the rear, any help would be helpful. thanks

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi Mark
If you just want one light you can run it off the taillight wiring. I would put a switch in it to so you do not have to have it on all the time.( it is illegal to travel on the road with a white light on facing back). If you want more light wire it independently. The wiring on your Kubota isn't designed to carry much more current than it already has to so one max 35w light. If you wire one independently be sure to fuse it properly, most tractor and vehicle fires are caused by poorly installed accessories.
Ed

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Mark I like your idea about running an independent circuit to the rear of the tractor with dual lights controlled with a toggle switch. If you need a schematic or want to use a relay let me know...:)

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
My B7200 wiring harness has plugs for work lights already wired in. You may want to check your harness. the plugs on mine are on the left side in with the cable that runs to the rear running lights.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
All good suggestions, but I would like to add two cautions from earlier discussions.
1 - use some kind of clamp for the light, no drilling or welding on the rops.
2 - After using the light for any significant length of time, put the battery charger on overnight. Extra lights can draw more current than the charger circuit can produce, so you can end up with a flat battery.

Kubota Tee

Equipment
L3540-3 with 724 FEL, 7' Taylor Way box blade, custom made pallet forks, 6' gill
Jan 28, 2010
West Michigan
I was looking at putting lights on my rops that face backwards, that way I can see behind me. I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if so how you wired it up. I am thinking of either tapping into my switch for the front lights, or just adding a new toggle switch just for the rear, any help would be helpful. thanks
Mark,

Not sure what type of equipment you have, but my L3540 came with 3 pigtails just to the right of driver's seat. I installed the Kubota OEM worklight and simply plugged it in to one of these available pigtails.

Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)