Zen-Noh ZL1801

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
Well I am one of those owners of a Zeh-Noh ZL1801 AKA Kubota L1801, 2 wheel drive and it has been a great little tractor for me. I bought this tractor 5 years ago for $3900 from a private owner and it has performed mechanically flawlessly ever since.

The only issue I have had was a broken wire from the alternator to the regulator and I had to take the dash board apart to get to the regulator (the wire broke at the regulator) that was a bit of a bear cat to fix and the only other thing was the generic Front End Loader was bolted to the weight box and the welds broke on the front of the tractor.

I took apart the weight box and front end loader and rewelded everything and adding gussets to make it better then what the people that made the front end loader and rewelded the attachment to the front of the tractor, because it was cracking out.

this little tractor has been a faithful servant for me but yesterday I had deliveried a new JD 2305 with a Front end loader, back hoe, and 62 inch mid mount mower. I will continue to use the Kubota as it is a strong little guy and it will do some things that the JD will not be allowed to do as the CFO (read that as wife) will not allow me to do until I have more hours on the JD.

Attachments

Last edited:

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
I'm sorry. Did I read that correctly? Was that a JD you just got?? A John Deere, you say? A Jay Dee?????

Nope. Never heard of that one!!!

Mr. K. -he used the John Deere "word" on our Kubota site! :D

Glad to have you with us just the same!
Sorry I forgot that was a swear word :eek: I am really happy with the preformance of my little 1801 it has been a great tractor for what I use it for and it did excellent during our christmas snow storm that we got. We had so much snow I had to shovel off the roof of my mobile home and I used the tractor's fel to move the snow from in front and back of the house to in to end of my drive way. It never missed a beat in the 5 hours of moving all the snow out of the way and cleared my drive and the neighbors drive way in no time.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Vic, it's ok. We can make room for "that green tractor" every now and then... :D Glad to have you aboard Michael! Thank you for signing up to the site and posting an intro. The L1801's a good unit and I'm sure you'll agree that it still has plenty of life left in it. Well built.

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
I have noticed that the engine in the L1801 is a Z871 and that the North American version is listed different. I have had this question as most if not 99% of the parts that I have got are for the L185. What is the differences in these engines.

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
Whoops :D I missed typed you are right and thanks for setting me straight. My little Kubota is sure a work horse but my biggest grip about it is the 3 point arms are set to high when fully lowered, is there a way to set them lower to I do not have set my eqyuipment up in blocks to pick them up with the 3 point. Once the equipment is attached it alll works great but it is a pain to get it attached.