B8200 transmission flushing

figjam

Equipment
b8200
Nov 11, 2009
Ocala,fl
Why can't I find anything on the B8200 series? I just got it a week ago, been running great, I checked all fluids before I started using it. Yesterday the 3 point stopped working, checked the tranny oil and it looks like it went thru the Dairy Queen drive through. Not sure how water got in there, any ideas? It had been sitting round out side all summer in FL. I've searched trying to find out how to drain the oil, where the filter and screen is. Thx for any thoughts! peter

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Possibly someone used cheap fluid in it? I know my father bought a cheaper brand of hydraulic fluid for his bulldozer the other week and added it to what was in it to top it off, foamed up withing the first few hours, now he has to drain it all donn and put new in again. Just a thought.:eek:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well I can't help you out with where the drain plugs are all I have is the parts book for a standard and the only plug I can find is at the bottom rear of the differential. As far as the oil being milky it could be from sitting for a long time. Condensation from temperature difference between day and night or the fill plug may not be sealing. The fill plug was like that on my b7200. Sorry I can't help more. Keep us posted.:D Dusty

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
You will have 2 drain plugs located at the rear of your tractor, just under and to either side of where your PTO shaft comes out of the tractor. You only need to drain one of them to get the oil out. On my HST model the screen is on the RH side of the tractor, just beneath the HST control pedal. It has a metal tube that goes towards the rear of the tractor. Taking off that nut, gives you access to the pickup screen, and will also drain all the oil out of your tractor. I can't recall if the screen is in the same location on the standard models, but I know the drain plugs in the rear are.

My guess is that you have a bad seal on your hydraulics. If you have a FEL, that is a common access point. It really doesn't take much water to contaminate the system either. You may find that you have to change the oil a couple of time to get all the water out of the system, as it can be a major pain the arse! I finally gave up on my old Ford Backhoe, after running at least a billion gallons through the hydraulic system it is still frothy...I just figured it is well homogonized!:D

figjam

Equipment
b8200
Nov 11, 2009
Ocala,fl
do you use gear oil, hydraulic fluid or can I use cheapo engine oil till I get it flushed out? Is there an actual filter or just the screen?

Last edited:

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
why is there nothing on here about the 8200?
Hey,Fig-j,
Your not alone. My rig is a B9200. Same deal. We're kind of a "rare breed", you and I. You'll just have ta use info given from tractors simular to yours to get the info you're after. Now finding parts, that's a whole nother' deal !:eek:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi figjam there should be no problems getting normal maintenance stuff like filters. The only thing other than filters that I have bought was a gasket for the head cover. And I bought a shop manual for the 8200. I think it was 30 or 40 bucks which isn't bad. But the wsm has nothing on the engine. Good Luck.:D Dusty

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
do you use gear oil, hydraulic fluid or can I use cheapo engine oil till I get it flushed out? Is there an actual filter or just the screen?
I use the UDT rated oil. I stay away from the super cheap stuff, but I'm sure that would be OK if you are just flushing stuff out. I use a good label (Penzoil, Mobil etc) UDT rated oil, and it works just fine. Remember Kubota doesn't make oil, some major manufacturer makes it for them, and then they jack up the price and tell you that if you don't buy their oil, it will ruin your tractor...blah, blah, blah.

I think on your manual tractor there is only the screen. My HST has a filter on the LH side of the tractor, and it looks like a regular old car oil filter, but it is a Kubota hydraulic oil filter. It's easy to see if it is there, but I seem to remember it is only there on the HST models.

maineiac

Equipment
B8200
Apr 14, 2010
Windham, Maine
Check the boot on the shift lever. Mine was cracked and let the water in to make the nice chocolate milkshake for the fluid. Dealer says it's very common.