brake chatter

io540

Equipment
L2050
Aug 16, 2010
Waterloo, NE
I have a L2050 four wheel drive. When going down a slight incline with a load, I get chatter from the left side when I apply the brakes. Is there a solution to this problem?

io540

Equipment
L2050
Aug 16, 2010
Waterloo, NE
After downloading the parts manual, it appears there two plates and a brake disc. I am fairly mechanically inclined. I am wondering how difficult this would be?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Pull it apart and see what you got- you should be able to tell what shape the brake pads are in, and if there is an oil leak- that may cause you problems, too. Brake pads on tractors seem to last forever- I'd look for an oil or grease source, first.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Tractor breaks are identical to automotive style breaks, so if you can replace them on a car then your good to go on the tractor.

Judge

Equipment
L3710,bush-hog loader, backhoe
Nov 11, 2018
Butler, Tennessee
I have an L3710 and have removed the axle housing and unbolted the brake housing and am now confused about how to get at the discs. Does the shaft, bearing,discs and housing pull off as a "unit"? So far, this job has been maybe more than I bargined for.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a L2050 four wheel drive. When going down a slight incline with a load, I get chatter from the left side when I apply the brakes. Is there a solution to this problem?
Do you have the proper oil in the trans/diff (or Hydro) sump?

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have an L3710 and have removed the axle housing and unbolted the brake housing and am now confused about how to get at the discs. Does the shaft, bearing,discs and housing pull off as a "unit"? So far, this job has been maybe more than I bargined for.
I bet it is....

Dry brakes are one thing, wet inboard tractor brakes are another animal. On my M series you have to pull the outer axle carrier castings to access the brake discs and plates. Big job.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you have the WSM (aka service manual)?
If not go to Kubotabooks.com and download it.

Yes it should all come off as a unit.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
For what it is worth... me and my buddy just fixed the brakes on his 1990 Case IH. The symptoms were the tractor lurched when the brakes were applied on flat surfaces. and when stopped... the brake peddle would not return to the full upright position.The brakes on the CHI 245 are dry drum and shoe brakes.

When we pulled it apart he had almost new brake linings. The cam that spreads the shoes is at the 6 o'clock position on the brake assembly was intact and fully functional. At the 12 O'clock position is the stationary pivot pin that anchors the top shoes opposite the cam. That 5/8" pin was sheared off .... giving the situation where there was no way in heck the shoes could properly expand... this caused the tractor to lope/lurch and bind the brake system when it would not properly release... resulting in a stuck peddle. We fixed the pivot pin and that fixed the loping issues.... hope this helps...