can i run a hydraulic motor of the B7001 system?

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
i am aware the pump of the tractor has a 3gpm rating and maybe small.

Can i run a hydraulic motor (to drive a 100cm drum mower on the front of the tractor) off the tractor hydraulics? I do have a spool valve "T-ed" in the system to operate the baler system. gearbox is filled up with 80w90 oil. i know it is thick.

regards
joe

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Never seen a hydraulically operated drum mower ?

Who manufacturers this mower?

Is it still in production? Is there a spec or OM available to determine hydraulic requirements??

What is cubic inch displacement of main drive motor? Make and model # of hydraulic motor?

What is cutting width of mower, 100 cm is cutting or overall width? How will mower be raised and lowered?

EDIT: NIH is correct about the heat factor but you could employ an external cooler, but in all honesty you just lack enough flow as he stated. A PTO pump might work but the mower and a reservoir must share the 3 point linkage.Not clear how implement would be front mounted?? Still curious who produced a hydraulic drum mower.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Very highly unlikely, the gpm is way too low for just about every motor made that I know of. ;)
Another issue is cooling of the hydraulic fluid, the B7001 does not have any way to cool the fluid.

Last edited:

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Thanks . It is a BellonMit unit with a 100cm cut. Shaft driven. I loved the thought of having it front driven but i gues i need to stop dreamin.

I would build a three point hitch for the front.

Thought matching a hydraulic motor would save me the hassle of re.routing rear pto to the front. I was not willing to drive it off the engines splined crank.

Joe