new tractor stalling

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I also have a B2601 and within the first hour of use it stalled a few times. My wife was unable to drive it also because when she pushed on the forward pedal, her weight came up enough for the seat switch to shut down the engine. I tipped the seat forward to look at the switch and the metal bracket that held it was bent downward and not really touching the seat. I bent the tab upwards to a flat and level position and have not had any problems since. Also the switch that is for the position for when the seat is forward was installed from the wrong direction and when the seat tab made contact it pushed it out from the bracket.
This was the reason my B3200 was traded in. The original owner's wife was petite and it kept stalling out for her. They bypassed the seat switch but by that point she had enough and they got her a BX instead. Her loss, my gain.

fjz

Equipment
BX24
Nov 10, 2011
Steubnville Ohio
I jumped my switch out,I know,I know. Just to let you know it still stalls once in a while but only when I use the pedal forward or backward changed fuel filter etc. cut open the old one clean as a whistle. Once I let up on the pedal f or b it’s ok. Any help

capo99999

Equipment
B2650
Jan 21, 2019
Berlin MA
I'm having the same stalling issue with my 2018 B2650 that has only 130 hours on it. I'm plenty heavy for my seat. Some days it works fine for 1/2hr and then suddenly can't go 3ft without stalling. Have not found solution.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'm having the same stalling issue with my 2018 B2650 that has only 130 hours on it. I'm plenty heavy for my seat. Some days it works fine for 1/2hr and then suddenly can't go 3ft without stalling. Have not found solution.
Here's my switch "fix" on the B2650. Not that I'm advocating it, but I'm on very flat land. It can easily be returned to the normal position if need be.

Attachments

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Welcome to the forums!

Does it just stall/die or does it sputter (lose power) and stall? Electrical tends to be more on and off, fuel issues can do all sorts of weird things

What are you doing at the time? Any PTO involved?

Was the normal service intervals done?

Does your fuel come from a pail or station?

With 130 hours and coming out of winter, it could be a few things.

Last edited:

Scout2501

Nov 15, 2019
Camden, sc
I was having a similar problem with my 2017 L2501. It started happening after I did my 200 hr service. Apparently I accidentally bumped/loosened the valve to bleed air out of the fuel system. Once tightened everything has been fine.