Differences Between BX and L. Personal Experience.

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA
As the owner of two previous BX series tractors (2360 and 2380), I would like to offer my observations regarding my new L2501.

First off, I have watched many videos that compare the BX series to the Deere 1 series and I've always laughed at the extremely minor differences and how they take shots at each other over stupid stuff. It's so funny how the small tractors have the highest scrutiny over the tiny details, like phone chargers, floor mat and location of the joy stick for the loader.

I went to look at Deeres before I upgraded, and I'll tell you now, that once you get into actual tractors, all that stuff goes out the window on both manufacturers.

I took delivery of my new L2501 this week and I have to say that it's really refreshing to have a REAL tractor. By that, I mean NO floor mat, NO phone charger, joystick in the NORMAL location up front, NO frills, NO BS. It's a real tool, not an effing limo.

When I go out to work, I leave my phone in the house, I don't care about a floor mat, I appreciate that the loader control is exactly where it belongs and the fact that I graduated to a real tractor without any BS.

However, it does still have a cup (beer) holder. That's important. ;)

Don't get me wrong, the BX is a great tool, I'm just making fun of the marketing and frills.

Attachments

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Glad you are happy with your new tractor! Please don't mind if some of us think of them in other terms besides "man tools" :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Glad you are happy with your new tractor! Please don't mind if some of us think of them in other terms besides "man tools" :D
Ouch...... I think the NICE Lady in house just kicked you in the......well, that place that hurts!:p:D:)

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA
My apologies. Maybe "real farm tool" or "adult tool". :)

Original post edited. I must be a victim of the ...... movement.......

Damn. That took a bad turn quickly.

I don't think I'm a misogynist, but I haven't been tested. :)

Last edited:

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA
And there goes the point of the post into politically-correct oblivion.

It's a really good thing I'm not a TV anchor at NBC, or I'm pretty sure I would be out of a job by morning.

Well, I'm self employed, so I probably still have a job.

No harm was intended.

Last edited:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Glad you are enjoying your new toy / tool.
But are you keeping the BX? And why did you move up to a B series?
Lot's of BX fans here as well as B and bigger. I like my B, but sometimes I think a BX would have done the trick for me. I did want larger wheels though for the rough terrain I lovingly call my yard.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist a jab on behalf of all the BX owners out there, and the ladies too. It's not PC that's the issue. Series, apology accepted.

BTW I love wheeling into the neighbor's yard with a bucket load of mulch or whatever he wanted with my 3560. That feeling of power is not gender specific :)

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA
The bottom line on my upgrade was loader capacity. I have a very wooded 3.5 acres and have to deal with large trees regularly.

The BX picks up 400#. The L picks up 1100#. It matters for what I do. The L is a big tractor for 3.5 acres, but not MY 3.5 acres.

Attachments

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA
Glad you are enjoying your new toy / tool.
But are you keeping the BX? And why did you move up to a B series?
Lot's of BX fans here as well as B and bigger. I like my B, but sometimes I think a BX would have done the trick for me. I did want larger wheels though for the rough terrain I lovingly call my yard.
The B just doesn't make financial sense. It's more or less the same price as the L and we all know that more is better.

I was a little worried about the size of the L on my property, but it's going everywhere I need it to go, so no problem.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Kubota sell lots of tractors in each of those series. All of them have a place, and Kubota is great at segmenting the market.

The L is a bigger heavier tractor suitable for people who have a property that needs tractoring, biased towards farm type activities and not so focused on house and garden activities.

The B is a lighter tractor with many of the same capacities as the smaller L, but much lighter, and with a mid PTO and some more creature comforts (for example, ability to have a cab).

For me, I want to mow, but I'd like something bigger than a BX. A B is perfect. Others want to snow blow, and the cab makes a lot of sense for them. Horses for courses. If I had more property than I did, and some trees, then a small L would be a great idea.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
As the owner of two previous BX series tractors (2360 and 2380), I would like to offer my observations regarding my new L2501.

First off, I have watched many videos that compare the BX series to the Deere 1 series and I've always laughed at the extremely minor differences and how they take shots at each other over stupid stuff. It's so funny how the small tractors have the highest scrutiny over the tiny details, like phone chargers, floor mat and location of the joy stick for the loader.

I went to look at Deeres before I upgraded, and I'll tell you now, that once you get into actual tractors, all that stuff goes out the window on both manufacturers.

I took delivery of my new L2501 this week and I have to say that it's really refreshing to have a REAL tractor. By that, I mean NO floor mat, NO phone charger, joystick in the NORMAL location up front, NO frills, NO BS. It's a real tool, not an effing limo.

When I go out to work, I leave my phone in the house, I don't care about a floor mat, I appreciate that the loader control is exactly where it belongs and the fact that I graduated to a real tractor without any BS.

However, it does still have a cup (beer) holder. That's important. ;)

Don't get me wrong, the BX is a great tool, I'm just making fun of the marketing and frills.
In case you haven't noticed, the "normal" place for a tractor FEL joystick has been to the right of the operator near the front of the fender for the last decade or so.

SDT

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
In case you haven't noticed, the "normal" place for a tractor FEL joystick has been to the right of the operator near the front of the fender for the last decade or so.

SDT
Yes you want that beer holder in a QA format so you can grab it between bucket dumps :D

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA

SDT
In my experience, all the joysticks on the tractors that are larger than the BX or 1 series tractors are mounted on the right side of the steering wheel and not on the right fender.

I might be wrong, but I know for sure that this is true on the L2501 and 3025E.

And, the point I was making was about the silly minor details on the BX and 1 Series tractors.

Honestly, if this is going to be a pain in the ass, I'm going to spend my time giving advice to other people.

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
In my experience, all the joysticks on the tractors that are larger than the BX or 1 series tractors are mounted on the right side of the steering wheel and not on the right fender.

I might be wrong, but I know for sure that this is true on the L2501 and 3025E.

And, the point I was making was about the silly minor details on the BX and 1 Series tractors.

Honestly, if this is going to be a pain in the ass, I'm going to spend my time giving advice to other people.
Not any more and they haven't been for years.

SDT

Series9

Equipment
BX2380, L2501
Feb 8, 2018
DeLand, FL, USA
Yes. This became a pain in the ass for me. I have been an experienced member of numerous forums where new guys were hassled over minutia. I then told the other members to be more welcoming because diversity make the site better. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I strongly suggest you guys be more accommodating to newer members.

I'm out. Nice job running me off. Go back to being 'big fish' in your pond.

Current tractors in sizes from smallest to midsize with FEL joysticks on the front:

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Ouch...... I think the NICE Lady in house just kicked you in the......well, that place that hurts!:p:D:)
My wife don't even know how to start either of my tractors and don't have a clue how to start the zero turn either. Could just be a woman thing, not sure. Never asked, especially after 34 years of matrimonial bliss.:eek:

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
I half expected this post to continue on...
“Back in my day, the tractor loader valves were up front where they belong, not on the nimby pimbly rear fender where you could use it while still having a solid rest on the armrest!”

Those small things are what make a new tractor better than an old tractor. Maybe you’re about to call out the farmers in their M7s for having AC, GPS, air ride seats, etc as not driving a real tool?

***128580;