Somewhat Disappointed With The FEL

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I'm no mathmatizer, but my little b2650 will lift a heaping bucket of gravel all day long and not complain about it the next day. Heaping bucket of wet dirt (we have heavy clay here in E TN) is no problem either. Bucket and loader sizes are matched to tractor's power outputs and weights, so it's reasonable to assume if you have the correct fel and bucket for your tractor, it should be able to work a full bucket of normal material without breaking something. Personally, I'd call my dealer and have a discussion if I were you.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I'm no mathmatizer, but my little b2650 will lift a heaping bucket of gravel all day long and not complain about it the next day. Heaping bucket of wet dirt (we have heavy clay here in E TN) is no problem either. Bucket and loader sizes are matched to tractor's power outputs and weights, so it's reasonable to assume if you have the correct fel and bucket for your tractor, it should be able to work a full bucket of normal material without breaking something. Personally, I'd call my dealer and have a discussion if I were you.
You might be comparing apples to oranges.

I would be interested in seeing a comparison of your bucket dimensions and volumes. Long and low buckets (i.e. skidsteer style) move the CofG forward making the load harder for your machine to lift. Short and tall buckets keep the CofG closer to the pins so your machine would be able to handle the same load easier.

My M59 is a "similar" sized machine to the OPs and will dig overflowing heaped buckets all day long. Then again my machine weighs almost 3x as much and is rated for heavier digging so its not at all a fair comparison. My neighbor's SCUT has a huge bucket relative to the machine size and it certainly couldn't lift a struck bucket full of dirt. Mulch - no problem!

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
10 cubic feet of concrete which weighs 1500 lbs.
Excellent! I've read many "my loader won't lift xxx" threads where they have no rear ballast, so the power of the FEL was being wasted lifting the rear of the tractor off the ground.

So I agree with others, make or buy a test gauge and check the PRV setting, many Kubota's are often on the low side of the spec. We have a video on our website and YT channel on how to do it if you need to see the procedure.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I don't know how many pounds my loader will lift. but here'a a picture taken not long after getting the L3200. Tired are filled and there's a heavy mower on the 3PH.
I don't have a photo, but my L4310 lifted the rear end of a full-size Ford Bronco with ease (which presumably weighs more than your Wrangler).

It seems the OP should be able to accomplish what he is trying to do. Some dealers can perform "load cell" tests to see how much the loader can lift and if that is within spec.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I think the flaw is in believing that SCUTS and CUTS can and should out-lift their class of machines. You are operating a 3,300lbs Compact "UTILITY" Tractor not a piece of construction equipment.

Remember these are AG class machines. More of a glorified wheel barrow and general purpose machine that can occasionally dig dirt from a loose pile. If you are expecting the same performance of a skidsteer or construction TLB you're using the wrong machine. Remember the saying "jack of all trades and master of none"?

Change your expectations or be prepared to be disappointed. And expect costly machine repairs, premature failure and downtime.
I don't agree with your statement. Why would a tractor be equipped with a loader if not to move piles of material? I would expect a tractor to be able to utilize it's loader day after day, loaded to it's rated capacity, without fail for a long time. I have three Kubotas and use them in my landscaping business. They have all performed very well.

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA

I would be interested in seeing a comparison of your bucket dimensions and volumes. Long and low buckets (i.e. skidsteer style) move the CofG forward making the load harder for your machine to lift. Short and tall buckets keep the CofG closer to the pins so your machine would be able to handle the same load easier.

My M59 is a "similar" sized machine to the OPs and will dig overflowing heaped buckets all day long. Then again my machine weighs almost 3x as much and is rated for heavier digging so its not at all a fair comparison. My neighbor's SCUT has a huge bucket relative to the machine size and it certainly couldn't lift a struck bucket full of dirt. Mulch - no problem!
Feel free to look up the stats on an L4701 and the LA785 FEL loader with a stock bucket. That is what I have. You seem dead set on proving this is overworking and expecting too much from this tractor. My original post is titled "somewhat disappointed" which is what I am. This is light dry fluffy dirt not big rocks, wet compact clay, or other exceptionally heavy loads. I would also like to again point out that we used and excavator to remove the dirt from the small hillside and put it in short piles because I fully understand this is not a large loader or other big industrial equipment. I was really looking for help diagnosing a potential issue with the loader not someone treat me like I am an idiot for thinking I could even consider that I should be able to get a full bucket of dirt.

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA
I don't agree with your statement. Why would a tractor be equipped with a loader if not to move piles of material? I would expect a tractor to be able to utilize it's loader day after day, loaded to it's rated capacity, without fail for a long time. I have three Kubotas and use them in my landscaping business. They have all performed very well.
Exactly why I posted this. It just doesn't seem right.

I will look in to the quick connect with a 3500# pressure gauge to see what I am pushing.

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA
Excellent! I've read many "my loader won't lift xxx" threads where they have no rear ballast, so the power of the FEL was being wasted lifting the rear of the tractor off the ground.

So I agree with others, make or buy a test gauge and check the PRV setting, many Kubota's are often on the low side of the spec. We have a video on our website and YT channel on how to do it if you need to see the procedure.
Yes please, can I get a link to that video?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Exactly why I posted this. It just doesn't seem right.

I will look in to the quick connect with a 3500# pressure gauge to see what I am pushing.
You all will have to forgive Mike...he has a machine that lifts as much as a skid steer. Our machines are built precisely for this. After using a typical CUT then moving to a TLB of this size there is no comparison.

That said, I still think you should get the FEL hydraulic pressure checked. It sounds like many others are lifting what you cannot with similar specs.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN

I don't know the dimensions off hand, but my 2650 has the LA534 loader with the standard 54" quick attach bucket. I'll see if I can look up the bucket volume specs.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I'm about 5 minutes from going out and using my L3301's FEL to move a bunch of dirt the mini X dug out. In my case, my loader will pick, easily, a heaped full bucket, but with just the 6' scraper blade on the rear, I need to be real careful I'm level when I raise it to dump. If I didn't have fluid filled rear tires, no way! I could put the flail mower on (900 lbs) but I need the scraper in between the FEL work. Sounds like you may have an issue.

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
Feel free to look up the stats on an L4701 and the LA785 FEL loader with a stock bucket. That is what I have. You seem dead set on proving this is overworking and expecting too much from this tractor. My original post is titled "somewhat disappointed" which is what I am. This is light dry fluffy dirt not big rocks, wet compact clay, or other exceptionally heavy loads. I would also like to again point out that we used and excavator to remove the dirt from the small hillside and put it in short piles because I fully understand this is not a large loader or other big industrial equipment. I was really looking for help diagnosing a potential issue with the loader not someone treat me like I am an idiot for thinking I could even consider that I should be able to get a full bucket of dirt.
I have a MX5800 with LA1065 Loader. With counterweight only, tire unfilled, I can drive into a pile of gravel and tilt back with a heaping scoop. I loose a small amount of traction but other than that no problem. I hope you can find a root cause. Definitely agree with others have the pressure checked. Update with your results please.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I too agree you have a problem, with my la525 loader I’ve been working on digging a hole, has no trouble digging and curling or lifting a full bucket of wet hard packed clay,with no ballast on the back and tires not filled.