200 hrs
No Repairs needed
Bushhogging Hauling dirt, gravel, etc in bucket
Hauling logs with forks
Dragging trees
All kinds of property work on a 30acre place

Hard working tractor. Only thing I would like to
see is some synchronizers somewhere close to
the transmission....can be ruff to shift.:)

I do not like the 4 tier stuff...wish I'd got the
L2501 now.

savoy9020

Lifetime Member

Equipment
G1800, L2501 (2016) 5ft LP box 2004 F250 6.0 Lariat Supercrew 2017 1140D RTV, 2
May 25, 2016
Savoy, Texas
My dealer talked me out of buying a L3301 and getting an L2501 HST
instead. Have bout 86 hours on it, and it's great.

That said, after reading here about how the T4 engines work, I don't think I would hesitate getting a bigger one next time.

L3301 DT Gears
200 hrs
No Repairs needed
Bushhogging Hauling dirt, gravel, etc in bucket
Hauling logs with forks
Dragging trees
All kinds of property work on a 30acre place

Hard working tractor. Only thing I would like to
see is some synchronizers somewhere close to
the transmission....can be ruff to shift.:)

I do not like the 4 tier stuff...wish I'd got the
L2501 now.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
L2501
103 Hours
Used for snow removal, ATV Trail Maintenance, Loading demolition materials with bucket forks.
No repairs needed....Yet.

Need to bring back to dealer to have engine issues addressed. When it is worked a little, it starts to miss and sputter losing power greatly. Even going up hill in high range will cause condition to the point of almost having completely stalled the tractor. It is NOT fuel additives causing the issue, or cold weather as it has done it in Summer with only 22 hours on it. I am suspecting a "Drawing Air" issue in the fuel system but I cant find from where. Even bleeding the system will not cure the issue. Just did the 100 hour service last week. Like the tractor for the most part, but find it lacking in the power department, but this could be caused by the fuel issue not allowing the engine to operate at full potential. A little frustrating, to the point of looking at a 4760 or a 5460 at this point, and getting rid of this one.

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
I have a 2016 2501DT with close to 60hrs. Works great, no issues, zero regrets. Love it.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
L3901HST
Bought in June 2017
Use for snow plowing wood hauling and general farm work.
No regen problems
At 90 hrs I noticed a black puddle in the snow while the tractor was idling and I was of it. Oil dripping from split pin under the bell housing. Been watching the oil level and it's going down slowly. Called the dealer and will take it in Monday. It has 104.7 hours and dealer service guy suspects a leaking ear main seal.

After seeing Ccv problems mentioned on here I'm wondering if that issue has reared it's head and pressurized my crankcase. The seal was the point where it let loose. I've had it 9 months and put 104 hrs on it (5 months in cold weather) Starting to wonder if I got the wrong machine for cold operating. At least its under warranty. Should be interesting.
Looks like everyone else is having no problems. I hope this is just an isolated incident. I do really love this machine. The dealer has new rear snowblowers on sale. While its there getting worked on I think I'll bite the bullet and by one. Maybe they'll install it so I can take it home all set up....

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Took my 3901 to the dealer. I have a great dealer in Fairbanks. They took my tractor apart (split it) and found a rear main seal that was not seated properly. They showed me the old one and it was toast. They replaced it under warranty and why they were at it replaced my SUDT with new stuff. I played with it for a bit and it's good to go. I'll head over in the morning and pick it up.
Compared to the big green tractor I used to own (hated the dealer support) this Kubota and dealer are really top notch.

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
In laws L3901 bought new in 2015. 170hrs, zero issues. They use it mainly for driveway work, brush hogging, and moving a little dirt.

My L3901 bought new mid 2017. 70hrs, zero issues. I use mine mostly for chipping, broadcast seeding, and brush hogging.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
As I break 60 hours this week on my 3301,
I was wondering who may have high hours on theirs and what its primary function has been.
Also the other than normal maintenance repairs that may have occurred getting there.

Anyone over 200 hours yet?300,400?

So
1. Model and transmission
2. Used primarily for
3. Hours to date
4. Repairs
5. Comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the updates everyone!

Today I passed 200 hours on mine. No problems to date.
I use it mostly for firewood, trailer moving, building stone walls, and moving dirt. The grapple is the main implement on the front with the carry all on the back most of the time.

The dealer sent a tech out to do a torque check on the front axle pivot and install a zip tie or two in 2017.

I noticed the steering wheel bushing sloppy then and managed to get the tractor down to the dealer at the 24 month mark of the Warranty running out where they changed it. But that could have been due to me using the wheel as a grab handle to pull myself up onto the thing the first years possibly.
No leaks, no problems with the Regen, or the HST, or anything else for that matter so far at 200 hours.

Paint still good but tractor is stored inside and I have thrown a wax job on it in 2016 and 2017 I confess while hanging out in the shop listening to the radio.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Beaterboss.....have you checked to see if it is something simple like the rubber boot from the filter to the intake collapsing when it gets warm. I've seen that before on one of our dump trucks. The big boot would collapse and starve it of air.
And it wasn't from a filter restriction....sometimes you can get a bad rubber boot or hose that is soft.

Well, I don't have an L, but my B just hit 515 hours and not a single issue or leak.

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
In laws L3901 bought new in 2015. 170hrs, zero issues. They use it mainly for driveway work, brush hogging, and moving a little dirt.

My L3901 bought new mid 2017. 70hrs, zero issues. I use mine mostly for chipping, broadcast seeding, and brush hogging.

Update on my L3901:

Now at 100hrs. I’ve had 3 regens that were all uneventful. I was able to keep working during 2 of them. The 3rd happened right at lunchtime so I just let it continue while I ate a sandwich.

There have been no mechanical problems to report.

I like this tractor a lot. Yes, it’s a basic machine but it’s very user friendly and in my book a keeper.

speak8

Equipment
Kubota L3301HST, Loader, box blade
Aug 30, 2014
East Texas
1. L3301 HST
2. Used for brush hogging pasture and road maintenance
3. 124 hours
4. Repairs: PTO cable would not disengage PTO. Repaired twice, still an occasional problem, but manageable.
Error warning on digital display, reset when in for routine maintenance. Not an issue.
Recall for PVC issue.
Stalls after an hour or 2 of use. Won't work for 15-20 minutes, then I can restart it and use it for a while until it stalls again. In twice for repair. Dealer said it was bad diesel fuel. I've been more attentive about where I buy fuel and how long I store it. Still a problem. Using it today for an hour before it stalled out again.
5. Comments: I really wanted to like this tractor. It's a great tool when it's working, and I enjoy using it. But it has been very unreliable because of the issues above. I don't use it often (2 or 3 times a month)- it has only 124 hours after 2 years.
I'm frustrated- my experience has not been as good as others on this thread. I don't think I would purchase a Kubota again, although I don't know what I would get.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Many of the intermittant stalling problems come from something in the fuel line somewhere, and I think your useage pattern and climate are conspiring against you. If you are not already being vigilant against getting water condensing in the fuel, consider a Mr Funnel water filter, keeping your tanks full, and using an algicide in your tanks. Your dealer may have to try to clean the lines and the fuel tank again. The common rail systems need to be kept clean.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The PTO cable only engages the PTO and a spring around the control linkage disengages it. You need to spray lube the linkage where it comes out of the housing and work PTO lever On and Off several times to free it up.

Next time you run it loosen the fuel cap and see if it still wants to stall, sounds like the cap vent is plugged. If your fuel line is getting plugged, it should not restart by just setting a while.
There is an electric fuel lift pump just ahead of the sediment bowl on RH side, see if it is running. You should be able to hear it with key ON, engine Off.

degoniaorange82

Equipment
l2501hst, 5ft. tiller, box blade and finnish mower, subsoiler and plow
Nov 9, 2017
southwest indiana
l2501, 30hrs...had a stalling-issue at 20hrs, contacted dealer and they picked it up, repaired it and returned it in four days...said a piece on the fuel pump had come loose and was allowing air into the fuel system. Otherwise, awesome tractor, has and will be used for gardening, mowing three acres, and handling logs/firewood processing. Got it new last September.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
1. L3901HST
2. Loader work, Mowing, Tilling, Sub soiling, raking, Bail moving, did I mention loader? Weekend Warrior.
3. 180ish
4. No major repairs
5. All has been good I had some minor stuff that needed to be done like grease, safety switches, and the 50 hour service.

35chevypu

Jun 4, 2016
fair haven,vt
l2501hst
la525 loader
167 hours

just had to replace tachometer cable due to breakage at 164 hours it is tied to tight of a bend at pump end i changed the routing to make less tight bend on the pump end and should be good to go. no issues besides. been great machine
no complaints

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
Update on my L3901:

Now at 100hrs. I’ve had 3 regens that were all uneventful. I was able to keep working during 2 of them. The 3rd happened right at lunchtime so I just let it continue while I ate a sandwich.

There have been no mechanical problems to report.

I like this tractor a lot. Yes, it’s a basic machine but it’s very user friendly and in my book a keeper.

I now have 150 hrs of mixed use, mainly light dirt moving and mowing. No issues to report.

markbxr400

Equipment
L3901, LA525, RC1860, SCR0660, BB1260
May 19, 2018
Magnolia Springs, aL
2017 L3901 HST 4WD. Purchased it used in March of this year with 58 hours on it. Just hit 250 hours this week. Only issue I have had is one blown hydraulic hose on the LA 525 FEL.

Last edited:

thedevilyoulove

Equipment
L3901 HST with LA525 FEL, Land Pride RCF2572, pallet forks, 3 pt carry all
Jan 27, 2016
Woodbine, Maryland
1. L3901 HST
2. Rotary mowing and light loader work
3. 211 hours
4. No repairs, just scheduled maint
5. Love it!

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Hi guys, I’m the OP.

I am at 280 hours and no problems to date. I noticed a coolant leak from one radiator hose but that was after starting the engine in -9F! So after tightening the hell out of the clamp, I haven’t seen more.
All still doing good.