Tbn

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Anyone here frequent TBN?

It seems that at least the Kubota TBN forums have just about dried up.

Yes, I know that it appears to be down at the moment but that is another issue.

SDT

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Most of the secondary or model specific areas have very little traffic. Posted a question years ago on the cub cadet mower section. Got a response about a week later.

Needless to say, I should have posted in off topic on this site. Would have had my answer in an hour or two.

Out of all the forums I've been on. By far OTT is the most helpful site, with the best folks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Most of the secondary or model specific areas have very little traffic. Posted a question years ago on the cub cadet mower section. Got a response about a week later.

Needless to say, I should have posted in off topic on this site. Would have had my answer in an hour or two.

Out of all the forums I've been on. By far OTT is the most helpful site, with the best folks.

Muhammad has another site now, a Lawnmower forum that has a ton of traffic. They have a Cub Cadet section that gets a lot of play.

Lots of lame questions on there, typical forum. I own a Cub. Been trouble free for the most part.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Muhammad has another site now, a Lawnmower forum that has a ton of traffic. They have a Cub Cadet section that gets a lot of play.

Lots of lame questions on there, typical forum. I own a Cub. Been trouble free for the most part.
Mine was ok. Between teenagers running over rocks and stumps, and ethanol gas, I had a lot of issues. Got fed up and got rid of it at about 8 years old after the last kid moved out.

I have a Kubota zero turn with a 48" deck now. Mowing went from 60 hours a year to 25 to 30 hours a year. We can get non ethanol gas now, so the zero turn hasn't seen ethanol except for what the dealer put in it at the time of purchase.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine was ok. Between teenagers running over rocks and stumps, and ethanol gas, I had a lot of issues. Got fed up and got rid of it at about 8 years old after the last kid moved out.

I have a Kubota zero turn with a 48" deck now. Mowing went from 60 hours a year to 25 to 30 hours a year. We can get non ethanol gas now, so the zero turn hasn't seen ethanol except for what the dealer put in it at the time of purchase.

I have an M60 Tank. Have had it for about 10 years now and other than consumables (blades, belts and a spindle once in a while), been a good machine. I mow about 7 ares, with it. I'd love to have a Kubota diesel zero turn, my wallet won't allow it however. We have non E gas here too nd my small engines all consume it. No kids here (all grown) and just yard with no obstacles.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have an M60 Tank. Have had it for about 10 years now and other than consumables (blades, belts and a spindle once in a while), been a good machine. I mow about 7 ares, with it. I'd love to have a Kubota diesel zero turn, my wallet won't allow it however. We have non E gas here too nd my small engines all consume it. No kids here (all grown) and just yard with no obstacles.
I didn't get the diesel zero turn. Price would have been about $8k more :eek::eek: mine has a 27hp Kohler engine on it.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Anyone here frequent TBN?

It seems that at least the Kubota TBN forums have just about dried up.

Yes, I know that it appears to be down at the moment but that is another issue.

SDT
Yes, I still go to TBN and YES it is down.

It is displaying "502 Bad Gateway" error. :mad:

Since Muhammad got married, he hasn't been as hands on as he used to be.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Back in the day, I used to frequent the forum quite a bit and met some nice folks on there.

I didn't always have large frame ag tractors, I stared out with a B7100 HST way, way back when. Just kept going up in size as my PTO power requirements increased. Finally, I'm where I need to be power wise.

Think I've owed 7 Kubota's not including the 2 I own now.

Been a long and costly road but I stayed with Orange the whole time.

...and they all faded to Mary Kay pink too.....:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Kind of surprised he's never sold the forum. It's worth some serious jack. I know VerticalScope has purchased many narrow focus forums over the last couple years.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

Daren, Since you seem interested in buying non-ethanol gas here is a ;link to a website that I use to find non-ethanol. This link is specific to AR but it also has every other state including Canadian stations too. If you travel much maybe you can use their app. It works great and it will find the closest station that sells non-ethanol, to where ever you happen to be. I use the app all the time. Anyway, here is the link in case you don't already know about this website. https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AR

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, Since you seem interested in buying non-ethanol gas here is a ;link to a website that I use to find non-ethanol. This link is specific to AR but it also has every other state including Canadian stations too. If you travel much maybe you can use their app. It works great and it will find the closest station that sells non-ethanol, to where ever you happen to be. I use the app all the time. Anyway, here is the link in case you don't already know about this website. https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AR
Thanks for the link, but your a little late :p There's a propane/ gas station 3/10 of a mile from my house that sells non-ethanol gas. And when they replaced the tanks at the truck stop, they added non-ethanol at two of the pumps as well. I only use non-ethanol gas in my small equipment. We haven't had any issues with our vehicles. Just the stuff that sits for any length of time since the ethanol fuel wicks water and goes bad faster.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
TBN: "You way overpaid- could have bought some cheaper off brand with no dealer within 100 miles of you and that no one you ever knew had one"
Oh yeah! My neighbor busted a part in his Chinese machine and soo-prise soo-prise, HE CANNOT GET ANY REPLACEMENT PARTS!! His 4WD tractor is now 2WD only.

But he likes his new Kubota L-3901. He is running it almost every day I drive by.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh yeah! My neighbor busted a part in his Chinese machine and soo-prise soo-prise, HE CANNOT GET ANY REPLACEMENT PARTS!! His 4WD tractor is now 2WD only.
I get people all the time asking me if I know where they can get parts for this or that on their chinese tractor, I just tell them your choices and chances are very limited. :(

I won't work on them at all, no need to waste my time. ;)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
We can get non ethanol gas now, so the zero turn hasn't seen ethanol except for what the dealer put in it at the time of purchase.
Have you by chance tested your fuel for ethanol content? I'm curious. I bought 5 gallons lately and tested it when I got home, showed 5 percent Ethanol, pump is labeled "non ethanol". I "think" that's legal, but barely...but it's been a minute or two since I looked at the laws and regs on that stuff.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
TBN: "Your Kubota is so tiny, doesn't weigh nearly enough"; "You way overpaid- could have bought some cheaper off brand with no dealer within 100 miles of you and that no one you ever knew had one"
Yea I heard that arguement the other day, guy said Kubota's too light.

I had a traded-in 1023E JD and showed it to him. Said THAT'S a real tractor. I had a magnet, and attempted to stick it to the rear axle housing. Aluminum. Magnet wouldn't stick. Guy said I had a fake magnet. LOL.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Have you by chance tested your fuel for ethanol content? I'm curious. I bought 5 gallons lately and tested it when I got home, showed 5 percent Ethanol, pump is labeled "non ethanol". I "think" that's legal, but barely...but it's been a minute or two since I looked at the laws and regs on that stuff.
Havent tested it. I buy from the truck stop most of the time. They have a separate nozzle for the non ethanol. I don't trust it from the ones that have low test, mid, then high test non ethanol on the same nozzle. Seems to me there would be some cross contamination from what's in the hose. I do know, the stuff in the mower lasted over 6 months with no stabilizer and no issues. The stuff labeled to have ethanol would give me fits after 3 months in my small engines.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Lugbolt, Arkansas requires it to be labeled that it has ethanol if it's 1.5 percent or above. Just checked. You could get the station in trouble where you bought the non ethanol gas from.