BX2670 FEL drifts down, main control valve?

Rxreminder

Equipment
BX2670
Sep 4, 2017
Pa
BX2670 FEL drifts down, hydraulics do not hold. Dealer diagnosed as the main control valve controlling tractor & FEL. $2200 to repair.($1000 for part YW-547-001-02 & rest labor). I can not locate that part online so a local shop (not $85/hr) can do the repair. Any suggestions of an alternate name/code for this part. Any recommendations to know for the local shop?

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It drifts down while the tractor is running?

Rxreminder

Equipment
BX2670
Sep 4, 2017
Pa
Yes, mostly the bucket drifts down, but the arms of the FEL do also. I run the tractor at higher speeds so the drift isn’t as bad, but still have to keep lifting the FEL

rwedge

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST 4WD with loader, Bush Hog rototiller
Sep 23, 2014
Summerside, PE, Canada
Welcome to the drip down club, I have the same problem with both ends of my B7100HST. I solved the 3 pt hitch drip/drop down using a chain from each lift arm to a "slot" cut into two pieces of angle iron which we welded to the ROB about straight up from the lift arms behind the seat. I just raise the carryall or whatever is on there to the height I want, drop the appropriate link of the chain in the grove on each side and drive away. Now If I could only find the solution to the FEL (there is a darn "O" ring somewhere I bet), I could direct my attention to a new set of Industrial tires or something...

If you find the solution it will probably solve mine also, I will keep following this thread!

Attachments

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Its not common for a control valve to leak internally unless it's worn out (which is, well, fairly rare). When the valve's worn out, it usually leaks externally as well.

My "bet" is a misdiagnosis, more likely a cylinder leaking internally.

But I've been wrong once. Or was it twiced? I forgot....

Rxreminder

Equipment
BX2670
Sep 4, 2017
Pa
Since there is no external leak & this tractor has <200 hrs on it, I’m going to call back & ask those details....at $2200, worth a second guess. Thanks!

Rxreminder

Equipment
BX2670
Sep 4, 2017
Pa
Took it to a local guy & he heard from another shop it’s the pressure relief valve in the back of the tractor. He checked from valves & spindles & all good. Waiting for a quote from the dealer of the PRV to replace. Hopefully that’s it. Saw other posts saying some factory settings on the PRV are too low (10% below min specs). They have had to shim the PRV with washers to increase pressure. Might be another option.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Took it to a local guy & he heard from another shop it’s the pressure relief valve in the back of the tractor. He checked from valves & spindles & all good. Waiting for a quote from the dealer of the PRV to replace. Hopefully that’s it. Saw other posts saying some factory settings on the PRV are too low (10% below min specs). They have had to shim the PRV with washers to increase pressure. Might be another option.
NEGATIVE, the main pressure relief valve would have zero effect on the FEL or the three point drifting down.

The fact that you have both the main boom cylinders and the bucket cylinder drifting would suggest the Spool valve has internal damage.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
BX2670 FEL drifts down, hydraulics do not hold. Dealer diagnosed as the main control valve controlling tractor & FEL. $2200 to repair.($1000 for part YW-547-001-02 & rest labor). I can not locate that part online so a local shop (not $85/hr) can do the repair. Any suggestions of an alternate name/code for this part. Any recommendations to know for the local shop?
Try YW547-00100
They want $1200.00 to R&R the control valve????????

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
Just a loader creep question since its related to this post. Are front end loaders supposed to creek down over time while sitting. Example, its in the shop sitting over night and the loader creeps down a few inches, Is that a normal Kubota thing?

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
NEGATIVE, the main pressure relief valve would have zero effect on the FEL or the three point drifting down.

The fact that you have both the main boom cylinders and the bucket cylinder drifting would suggest the Spool valve has internal damage.
The main cylinders are connected in parallel. One leaking would cause both to drift down. Quick test on cylinder seals is with FEL raised disconnect the hydraulic lines and watch. If the FEL drifts down disconnected it is the cylinder seals.

Be aware after this test may need to prop up the FEL to reduce pressure in the lines to get couplers to connect.

JackJ

Equipment
BX1870-1
Mar 14, 2016
Indiana
Are front end loaders supposed to creek down over time while sitting. Example, its in the shop sitting over night and the loader creeps down a few inches, Is that a normal Kubota thing?
Both ends of my BX creep down overnight--maybe a couple inches on the 3PH, but I'm guess more like a foot (overnight) on the FEL.

RTMach1

Equipment
B2650 ROPS,LA534 Loader, 60" MMM, B2019 front hyd blade, LandPride BB1254 box
Dec 4, 2012
Holly, MI
Disconnect the quick couplers and test leak down, if it still leaks down with QCs disconnected then you can assume it is cylinder packings leaking.

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
Okay. Back my original question. Should the front end loader on my l3901 creep down overnight for any reason other than there is a problem? I looked at the manual and leak down over time is normal for this kubota loader.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The main cylinders are connected in parallel. One leaking would cause both to drift down.
The boom cylinders are not directly connected to the bucket cylinders.
If both are drifting down, then it's very unlikely seals, as a seal being out one either would affect the other.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Okay. Back my original question. Should the front end loader on my l3901 creep down overnight for any reason other than there is a problem? I looked at the manual and leak down over time is normal for this kubota loader.
To some degree it's considered normal.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A good practice is to set down all hydraulic stuff; loader, 3 PH, Mid-mount mower. Takes all the pressure off seals, etc.

Last edited:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
The main cylinders are connected in parallel. One leaking would cause both to drift down. Quick test on cylinder seals is with FEL raised disconnect the hydraulic lines and watch. If the FEL drifts down disconnected it is the cylinder seals.

Be aware after this test may need to prop up the FEL to reduce pressure in the lines to get couplers to connect.

Unplugging the couplers from the valve to test for internal cylinder leakage will only work if gravity is trying to pull the shaft out of the barrel. It is physically impossible for the shaft to be pushed into the barrel as it is already full of oil.

You can tilt the bucket all the way to dump, place the cutting edge on the ground, raise the front tires off of the ground and uncouple the boom lift hoses. If the tractor settles back to the ground, at least one cylinder is leaking internally.