Led Light Bar Setup! Over $3,000 Retail Worth Of LED Lighting On My Kubota L2501

AKguy09

Equipment
LX3310/ Cab 1950 F- Cub
Nov 22, 2017
ellicott, colorado
Beyond $3K for the lights, I am not a fan of all those square bars bolted together like that either to hold the lights. it could have been done alot simpler in my opinion, but then I have a welder's and can fab metal. It's the OP's tractor if thats how he wants his tractor to look and how he wants to spend his money, then I guess he's happy.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
This is also the first I've ever heard of Kubota using HID's in anything, if that is the case.
I agree with that. I only used Orangeglow's bulb number as "CEC896" which crosses to a HID fog lamp.

I have no idea for certain if that is the bulb style he actually has. My suggestion would be to look at the style/length of the bulb prior to making any LED purchase.

But yes, HID's are pretty bright, but LED's seem to put out more light at lower power draws, and last much longer without the heat.

YMMV

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If you go back and read his first post, he stated the suggested retail was 3000 bucks (which I find far fetched) but I'm sure he paid much, much less for them.

I much prefer LED over HID because the start current draw (to heat the HID is great and so is the running current. LED's don't have those issues. My issue with LED's are the quality, which is why I only buy LED arrays with CREE SMD's

LED's do make heat, why they come with external heat sinks, fan or fanless.

I need to pull a bulb out of one of my M's and see if I can cross it on the bulb finder on SuperBright LED. The have the bulb chart and I buy all my LED's there because I can specify CREE's.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow

400W is 400W...but the differences in how efficiently those watts are converted to usable light vs heat or other ranges is the huge difference. There was a push for really huge LED diodes but now i've been seeing more and more huge arrays of low powered LEDs in lighting....which hardly require any heatsinks at all. Check out what some guys are doing with "Quantum boards" which just use a sheet of aluminum they're mounted to as a heat sink...super low profile stuff.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I agree with that. I only used Orangeglow's bulb number as "CEC896" which crosses to a HID fog lamp.

I have no idea for certain if that is the bulb style he actually has. My suggestion would be to look at the style/length of the bulb prior to making any LED purchase.

But yes, HID's are pretty bright, but LED's seem to put out more light at lower power draws, and last much longer without the heat.

YMMV
DD makes the great point.....

HID do have lots of light.....but they use a lot more "energy" than LED's and they get hot as hell too. They last 1/5 as long as LEDs too.

https://www.xenonpro.com/led-vs-xenon-hid-headlights-which-are-better

Watt per Light, no other light comes close to LED's.

In the old days - an incandescent light bulb would get very hot and produce a good amount of light and use 100 watts per hour in doing so, now - mainly because people relate WATTS TO LIGHT, which is completely wrong, assume that a 15 watt LED will not produce as much light as the 100 w bulb.

If you look at the light produced in L U M E N S - you will be comparing apples and apples....... LED's are the best bang for the watt.....as of now.

In the future - there will be a light that will last longer than LEDs and produce much more light than they do now..........the incandescent lasted 100 years, the ol CFL has pretty much bit the dust in less than 20!:D:D:)

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Hi dirtydeed, thanks for the info. I just ordered a couple of sets from the amazon link you posted.
Once I get them, just for curiosity, I,ll change out 1 bulb and have a good look, to see how much brighter the led light is. Cheers

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Hi dirtydeed, thanks for the info. I just ordered a couple of sets from the amazon link you posted.
Once I get them, just for curiosity, I,ll change out 1 bulb and have a good look, to see how much brighter the led light is. Cheers
did you verify the bulb base type and length? I sure don't want to spend your money for you on the wrong bulb. Hope it works out for you.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
The description says it should be a direct fit replacement for the 896 bulb.

I,ll know for sure in a week or so. Worth taking a chance for less than 20 bucks.:)

Thanks ago for the info.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Beyond $3K for the lights, I am not a fan of all those square bars bolted together like that either to hold the lights. it could have been done alot simpler in my opinion, but then I have a welder's and can fab metal. It's the OP's tractor if thats how he wants his tractor to look and how he wants to spend his money, then I guess he's happy.
I wasn’t either at first but I like the ability to mount the lights in just about any position with all the different mounting holes.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
If you go back and read his first post, he stated the suggested retail was 3000 bucks (which I find far fetched) but I'm sure he paid much, much less for them.

I much prefer LED over HID because the start current draw (to heat the HID is great and so is the running current. LED's don't have those issues. My issue with LED's are the quality, which is why I only buy LED arrays with CREE SMD's

I need to pull a bulb out of one of my M's and see if I can cross it on the bulb finder on SuperBright LED. The have the bulb chart and I buy all my LED's there because I can specify CREE's.
This is just for the one led on the brush guard.
But you are right I did not pay full retail.
Retail on this light is $500

Attachments

Last edited:

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Personally, I prefer to just wear a headlamp. I don't have to light up the whole county to see what I'm doing, I only need the light where I'm looking. The headlamp always knows exactly where I'm looking ;) If I have to get off the tractor, the light follows me. No fancy assembly, no wiring issues, no brackets to get caught on tree limbs etc, no power draw concerns. Just my preference, but it works well for me.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I like how you used the clamp and railing system to prevent drilling the ROPS. I do hope you spent nowhere near $3000 for the lights. I like Nilight...very affordable and well built.

Rdrett

Dec 5, 2017
Paris Ky
Update!

As another member posted that he didn’t like how I bolted the 2 bars together and I agreed.

So I did some mods to my mods.
I removed the light bar that was not protected sticking out the back and mounted a better light in a better location.

I like this setup better since both light are pretty well protected.

Here is a short video of the updates.
https://youtu.be/f8ahNBL_6Xg

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Would NOT be the type of investment that interests me as my LED lighting is the economy type from surplus center but the important aspect to remember is If you are happy and satisfied w/ the results, nothing else really matters.

Additionally neither my opinion or the opinions of others, matter either.
x2 on both parts. My only other concern would be tree limbs hitting and/ or removing the lighting.

I may add an implement light in the future. Something small just large enough to shine on a blade or perhaps a 72" finisher.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Really depends. LED technologies have advanced so significantly in the last few years that many LED diodes now output far more light at the exact same power consumption. ....
yes and no.... it appears from what have read on the topic (and everything of course on the net is true and correct) they gains in most newer LED light + Fixture that makes them work so much better is cause they stopped using LED inside fixtures designed specifically for incandescent and instead using fixtures designed to work specifically for LED.

LED's light spread is different.... there for it needs different rear reflection... it needs different lenses to distribute the light most efficient etc etc. These changes appears to be what has made the biggest leap in LED lights to what we have today.

That and also the LED replacement bulbs for incandescent fixtures are now arranged better to make fuller use of the rear reflective patterns and lenses of the older design fixture they will be mounted in.

Last edited:

Azmu

Equipment
Kubota l1802dt M, Bolgar MB-5 Motoblock.
Mar 3, 2019
Bulgaria
Dude...... 3000$????? Why??? I can buy a whole car whit LED lights for that money xD
I personally prefer to pay a little bit more for quality, but that's too much. Anyway they work pretty good and look useful, (not including the price factor.) and i hope you use them well :)