RCK60-22BX Deck Only- no gearbox

Kubota77340

Equipment
BX2200, Land Pride 48" finish mower, DR Power 3-point wood chipper
Apr 13, 2017
Huntsville, TX, USA
I have an RCK60-22BX deck with bad gearbox that is available for anyone interested. Has new blades (this year) but the gearbox failed and requires a rebuild or replacement. Since Kubota's gearbox replacement cost is out of the question, I figured I'd toss this out there and see if anyone has a need for just the deck. Includes all hardware, the driveshaft for the gearbox, the gearbox case, front arm to mount to the tractor, etc. Does not have the discharge chute. Local pickup highly preferred, can meet within 100 miles of Huntsville, TX. Messicks says this will also fit the BX1830 and BX2230, but you may wish to verify this fitment first. Feel free to reach out with any questions. Photos coming tonight. Open to all offers.

anthonyv

Equipment
BX24 BX2200
Jan 24, 2017
SC
FWIW, have you tried looking at some online places for rebuild kits? (EBAY, Amazon, etc.) Not sure what condition your gearbox is in, but I had a bad bearing noise in my gearbox & found a rebuild kit, (bearings, seals & spacers) for around $150.00. I priced the replacement gearbox at Messick's & had to sit down for that one, $1400.00. For not much more you can buy the whole mower.

Kubota77340

Equipment
BX2200, Land Pride 48" finish mower, DR Power 3-point wood chipper
Apr 13, 2017
Huntsville, TX, USA
anthonyv,

Yessir, I did price it out. Parts alone were $900 since the dying bearings took out the super-expensive bevel gears on their way out. I appreciate the feedback but since the gears got destroyed, the box isn't worth repairing.