BX25 rear work light

Jeff F

Equipment
BX25,JD M,MH,Pony
Oct 24, 2009
Pennellville NY (upstate)
I want to put a rear work light on the R.O.P.S of my BX25.
Has anyone done this? Looking for ideas,type of fixture,add a
switch or use existing? I cant be the first!

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Jeff welcome and play around with the site by doing a search on adding lights and several posts will come up with ideas. If you don't find what you need or still not sure Email ole OB1 for a schematic....:)

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
I just put 2 on the back of mine. Took some 1/4 inch flat bar and made some brackets and welded them on the roll bar. Ran a wire from my battery to a 20amp breaker which i mounted by the battery, ran the wire and followed it along the wiring harness to the dash and used a toggle switch. Then I ran the wire in split loom underneath along the factory harness going back to the tail lights and went off to the backup lights. Looks very neat and makes great light after dark. Can't wait for night time plowing :D Got the back up spot lights at an Autoparts store on sale for $8/piece ,a $5 toggle switch , some 16 gauge wire and a few connectors. For the switch i just drilled a small jole on the dash console and mounted it. Sorry but this is the closest pic I have of the back since I installed them.If you want some better close ups lemme know.

Oct 25 2009 003 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

Jeff F

Equipment
BX25,JD M,MH,Pony
Oct 24, 2009
Thanks for the info. That's prittymuch what i thought i would do, just wanted to see what other people have done. I might source the 12vdc after the ign. switch so i won't leave the lights on and drain the battery.

Thanks again Jeff F

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hello
You shouldn't weld on your certified ROPs! If you do you now have an uncertified ROPs!! If you look at the work lights that Kubota supply you'll see that they all clamp onto the ROPs.
Ed

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
I realize what you guys are saying but i'm really not concerned if it's un-certified because of that...main thing is that it will still protect me if I roll it. Welds are only about half inch long on both sides of the bracket so it's not like I was bucthering the roll bar by cutting it off and welding it back together :)

Jeff F

Equipment
BX25,JD M,MH,Pony
Oct 24, 2009
I finished my rear work light a few days agow i will post pictures shortley.
I taped into the aux power ckt (cigorette lighter ) its fused at 10 amps and
turns off with the key.The hardest part was locating the switch,not much
room on the dash.I used a push/pull switch it is much smaller and easier
to find a spot for. Also welded a lifting hook on the front bucket.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I also would like rear lights but I am not impressed with the one Kubota supplies. I would like one with an on/off switch as part of the light, does anyone know where I might find one?

gyro

Equipment
B2320 HST
Nov 30, 2009
Montreal,Canada
Kuboman,

I just installed the Kubota rear work light last month on my B2320 from my Kubota dealer and it came with the on/off switch on the light.

Gyro