Snowblower/Fel

Elkers

Equipment
Bx2370, MMM, 50' blower, ballast box, piranha tooth bar
Sep 10, 2014
Elk Rapids Mi
Hi, It's starting to get cold and snow is in the forecast for Northern Michigan. My question is, I need to use my fel for a month or two yet, but I will need the snowblower also, can I leave the mount for the snowblower on my bx and use the loader, or does the mount need to be removed every time I switch between the two. Thanks

Leyland

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 31, 2014
Southwestern Ontario
I asked the same question when at the dealer:) Its too bad they couldn't have come up with something that could be left in place. Drop the blower, attach the loader and go...

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
I've left my quick mount on mine with the fel. Have to disconnect the hydraulic lines for fel operation.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I think there are blowers that attach to the FEL as well... I could swear I saw a few of them on this site...

Rivertrac

Equipment
B2620, LA364 Loader, RCK60-29B MMM, B2781 Blower, 48" KK Tiller,
Nov 17, 2011
Grand Rapids, MN
For what it's worth on my B2620 if you leave the snow blower hitch mount on the tractor and hook up to the FEL the blower hitch will impact the hydraulic tubing on the FEL (Don't ask how I know this :mad:). Finally found an obscure note in one of the manuals warning about this. Kind of dumb design flaw if you ask me.

Elkers

Equipment
Bx2370, MMM, 50' blower, ballast box, piranha tooth bar
Sep 10, 2014
Elk Rapids Mi
First Thanks for the responses from everyone , I think that the snowblower mount will compromise the ground clearance that I'll need, so I am prepared for on, off,on,off.