adding alternator to B7001

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
If this little B7001 has an alternator it must be a magician cause it hides when i'm around. I'm planning to add a GM 1-wire under the horizontal muffler. this little bugger has the side screen and hood dogleg missing already. question is... what is the belt section type on the stock fan pulley? I hope to find a similar pulley for the alt.

adding this will allow me to add better lighting for night time and winter use. all lights are currently missing, broken, or some other non functional condition.

thanks, tim

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Welcome to the forum. :D

Do you have any pics?

Are you saying that the alt is missing or that you can't find it? Could this have the charge type where a dynamo is used?

Motorola builds an alternator that is internally regulated and is smaller than the GM style. I am a GM guy and I think that is a great alt but it is rather large in size for a small tractor.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Okay guys, then can someone tell me where i could see a schematic for the wiring then? there are so many loose, disconnected, etc wires on this little thing that I wonder about the "dynamo" and its usefulness here. I found a GM alt and brackets that someone had on a B7100, same engine, andpicked it up for only a few bucks the other day. I don't want to install and run if the dynamo is connected and functioning. can someone tell me where a major connection point for it would be? does it go to the starter to make its connection back to the batt? there is **NO** wires or cables to the batt except the 2 high amp cables.

thanks, tim

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I am not where I can look it up in my manual at this time but the two wires out of the dynamo should go up under the dash to your regulator/rectifier. A dynamo could not be working but not because it is bad but because diodes are burned out in the rectifier/regulator.

In this pic of mine it is the squared black boxy thing with two mounting ears sticking out the side. It mounts on the two tabs sticking up in the middle of the dash piece.
Just like the old regulators that mounted on the fender of cars many years ago.

Someone here should have a diagram handy. :D:D:D

Attachments