BX2750C Electric chute rotator

Petwa

Jul 1, 2015
Upstate NY
I've gotten a lot of great information off this site over the last several months & just decided to join the forum. I am relatively new to the Kubota world and have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

I just picked up a barely used BX2750C front mount snow blower for my BX2360. It has the dealer installed "Kubota" electric chute rotator. Problem is I don't have any of the wiring that goes with it. I've searched high & low & have not been able to find the specific parts I actually need, with out going through the dealer & paying an arm & leg. Ive found videos showing them in action. Read lots of posts where folks are fabricating them from power window motors (which is what mine actually is) but they all lack specific parts information.

I would appreciate it if someone can let me know what size fuse is required (and if you used a relay), best place to mount a switch and where's the easiest place to get power from without cobbing everything together. I definitely don't want to go direct to the battery because I don't want the switch always hot.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
If you go to kubotabooks.com you can download the WSM for the BX2660. Its the file that lists the BXxx60 tractors and is 16.1 meg.
http://kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/
It has the wiring diagram included. You could use the work light feed which is hot all the time and switch it off and on with a relay. The power outlet is on the ignition switch and you could use it to control the relay or use it directly to run your chute rotator. The work light is fused at 20 amps and the power outlet is fused at 10 amps. In the wiring harness of my BX2370 the work light, ground wire and an extension of the power outlet are all provided in the wiring harness at the rear of the tractor. You just cut into the tape and there they are. I believe the the work light, and ground leads are provides on the BXxx60s I am not sure about the power outlet lead.

Petwa

Jul 1, 2015
Upstate NY
Thanks for the reply and the link to the manual. I found the work light leads just as you described, in the back taped up. The wire works off the ignition switch just like I wanted. I'll tie into that then run to a DPDT on/off/on switch. Then out to the chute motor. It's as you stated ,protected by a 20amp fuse. I'll be adding an LED rear work light at some point before winter as well. I suppose I could come off the DC outlet which I'll never use. It runs through a 10 amp fuse.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcomw to OTT Petwa.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
You may want to consider using a relay such as an ATV winch controller to handle the operating current of the wiper motor. DPDT switch runs low amp current and controls winch solenoid relay that switches high amp current to motor.