Just Delivered - BX2370 with drive over mower deck & FEL

nwlynn

Equipment
Kubota BX2370, FEL, 60 inch drive over MMM
Jul 2, 2015
MI
Hi all,

I've been making use of these forums to make a decision on what tractor to buy. For what I was looking to spend, what I am looking to accomplish, the reasonable size, and other factors the Kubota BX2370 beat out the John Deere 1023E for me. Thanks for the help!

This afternoon I took delivery and wanted to share because I believe this is one of the first BX drive-over mower decks in customer hands. I waited a few extra weeks specifically for this feature and am glad I did. It only takes a few minutes to connect/disconnect and without all of the crawling around on the ground. If there are any questions, feel free...

Looking forward to becoming a contributor around here. Happy 4th of July!

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Great! Best wishes for a long and happy life for it, and many joyful hours of mowing.

I've got to have your feedback on attaching the driven shaft!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Great! Best wishes for a long and happy life for it, and many joyful hours of mowing.

I've got to have your feedback on attaching the driven shaft!
Ya, ditto what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ show me "attaching the pto!":)

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
For get the pics I want to see a youtube video of it connecting to PTO. But pics of model would be nice too. Mine was a bx2370-1 and the ROPS was only change.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Uh just re looked at your pictures. Looks like same MMM I have with the black plastic covering belt. Is yours black metal on top of MMM deck.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Uh just re looked at your pictures. Looks like same MMM I have with the black plastic covering belt. Is yours black metal on top of MMM deck.
I am gonna bet that it is the same plastic spindle guards (still has the "NO STEP" written on it. But those metal running boards are something new. Still want to see how the PTO engages!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor, now if they would add position control. We solved the deck problem by owning two BXs, one has the MMM on and the other doesn't and we leave the FEL mounted.

We just bought a JD 1025R for another farm, but I haven't driven it yet, so I don't know anything about the quick connect on it, doubt we'll ever need it.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
Well.... I'm torn.

Congrats on your new tractor...

BUT....

I wish I would have known about the new option. I hope there's going to be a retro kit available at a reasonable price for people who just bought one without.

nwlynn

Equipment
Jul 2, 2015
MI
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. I'll try posting a video tomorrow of mower removal and installation.

See ya!

- Nick

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
Looked the kubota drive over deck. Was a B class but it seemed nice and was all orange on top. Hope yours is similar to it to setup to use.

nwlynn

Equipment
Jul 2, 2015
MI
Okay guys,

First off...no video yet. I put about 11 hours on it this weekend working with the FEL and rear blade. When I went to install the mower deck tonight I struggled with it. I found a few adjustments that the dealer didn't tighten up so I am hoping this is why I was having a hard time with it. When he dropped it off I had no issues connecting the deck. I hope to take a look at the adjustments tomorrow and do a few more practice runs before posting a video.

There are basically 5 steps....

1.) Extend the 4 ramps from the deck. This involves pulling 4 spring loaded pins to release the ramps.
2.) Drive over deck in 4WD with 3pt hitch at lowest position. This engages the deck to the tractor
3.) Push forward the lock assembly and engage spring loaded lock pin. This locks the deck to tractor
4.) Push lever forward to connect PTO shaft (in my eyes this is the key headache saving feature of the drive over deck versus the traditional setup)
5.) Retract the 4 ramps and lock them in place with the 4 spring loaded pins

Regardless of the issues I had tonight and even when things do go smoothly, I will admit the John Deere auto connect setup is quicker with fewer steps involved. I have heard/read some complaints with the JD system being sensitive to alignment but my neighbor's 1025R has been flawless. I give JD the win in this category but am still happy with my choice

Hope you all had a nice weekend. I'll get a video up as soon as I can.

- Nick

atechbh

Equipment
L3940. GR2120
Jun 7, 2014
Mallorytown Ontario Canada
What did you like better about the Bx ? I'm trying to make the same decision between the 2. Leaning towards the 1025r after driving it. Like where the loader controls are and the comfort of the seat. And drive over deck set up

EricM

Equipment
2015 Deere 1025R FILB, 60" autoconnect MMM
Mar 29, 2015
Upstate NY
I'm one of those 1025R owners that had an issue with the autoconnect deck. I had a slightly bent rear hook on the deck which caused it to bind on install then get stuck part way on. Straightening the hook fixed the problem. When it works, the system works very well but I'm leery of how reliable it will be as it ages. Everything has to be adjusted JUST right (including the tire pressure). Other than that, I've been quite pleased with the 1025R. I was also considering a BX25D when I bought it.

atechbh

Equipment
L3940. GR2120
Jun 7, 2014
Mallorytown Ontario Canada
John Deere has made it so hard to stay orange. I may have to wait for the bx2380. Any idea when it will be coming out? Currently have a B26 and GR2120. Am looking at upgrading the GR

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Nobody talking be out of a 1025r ?
No, not really, both are good machines. We've only had our 1025R for a few weeks and we got it to replace our JD2305. It is used now primarily by our oldest son and his wife. My wife and I looked at the 1026R when it came out and decided to stay with our BXs and nothing about the 1025R has changed our minds. Upon a brief inspection, the BX "seems" to be a bit better built with less plastic, but that's just an initial impression and may change with time.

We didn't replace the 2305 with a BX as our JD dealer gave us a killer deal on our wrecked 2305 and because my son was use to a JD425 and 2305.

Things I love about the 1025 is position control 3PH and no vulnerable HST fan. I am sure either Kubota or John Deere will serve you well.

Last edited: