Question on belly mower B6000E

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
Hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction.

I really want to be able to use my B6000E to mow with a belly mower. I have a bush hog on the back of it and that's good for brush but I really want to use it to mow grass and the belly mower is what I want.

I understand the counter clockwise pto and that's what people always mention when talking options for this tractor. My question is, the belly mower does not run off of the pto on the back of the tractor, correct? How does it hook up and run?

Without knowing how it operates my thinking it that I could get any belly mower that would attach to the machine and whatever way the blades spin then just sharpen that side and I'd be good to mow. Is my thinking incorrect?

I'd appreciate any and all advice. You all are always a huge help when I'm stuck on something. Thanks in advance!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One problem, I'm about 98% sure they never made a MMM for the B6000!
I don't think there is even an aftermarket option that would even work.
You would have to make it yourself and that would be a trick.

Now as far as how you would drive it,
Option 1: Off of the front of the engine, with a electric clutch.
Option 2: Off of the rear PTO via a belt drive.

You might seriously look at better cheaper options, like selling it and getting a B7100 or bigger/ newer that came with a MMM option. ;)

Big Trees

Aug 28, 2015
Texas
One problem, I'm about 98% sure they never made a MMM for the B6000!
I don't think there is even an aftermarket option that would even work.
You would have to make it yourself and that would be a trick.

Now as far as how you would drive it,
Option 1: Off of the front of the engine, with a electric clutch.
Option 2: Off of the rear PTO via a belt drive.

You might seriously look at better cheaper options, like selling it and getting a B7100 or bigger/ newer that came with a MMM option. ;)
Thank you for the reply and information. I've seen people say they had a woods belly mower on them before so I figured there was a way to make it work. I'll probably keep this machine around. For what we paid it's paid for itself a few times so I don't mind keeping it "just because".

I do need to get a 7100 though. There's one in my area for a decent price, just more than what my budget will allow though.

Thanks again, NIW.

TSmith2670

Equipment
BX2670, B6000
Dec 28, 2015
Hummelstown, Pa.
John, I didn't use the K44 yet but I found a reverser and we are hooking up the brush hog from the BX soon. I'll let you know how it works. I love the B6000. :)