Bx2670

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
I know this might get me banned for even asking this but I will ask anyway. I had a 445 John Deere with 26x12x12 rear wheels and had a set of 72# starter rear wheel weights and 2sets of 50# add on weights for it. My 2670 has 26x12x12 rears so I pulled the weights from the Deere before i traded it. Here is the difficult part other than getting those heavy starter weights mounted. The 2670 has 2 studs per wheel with just lug nuts on them and the other 3 are lug bolts. Has anyone pulled the studs and put in lug bolts? I am looking to make all the lugs the same so I can get a flush mount.

I know I shouldn't be asking to mount Deere weights but they are were very important to my dad so I want to try to put them on my bx ....i did at least paint them black so far!

I welcome any other thoughts or suggestions too

Thanks

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I can't answer your question about mounting the JD wheel weights on the BX, but I do have a suggestion. If you filled the tires it would fill the same purpose of stability and traction, and you could use the wheel weights as ballast on a 3 point mount. One easy way to put the wheel weights on the 3 point would be a carry all. If you have a loader you will need ballast in addition to what ever wheel weight you use.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Larry brings up some very good points, load the tires and then decide how you want to use the "extra" weights, sometimes you will need them, other times you might not need that extra weight! But it would be nice to have it when you need it!:D:) And by placing them on the 3 -point, it will do a better job of using the FEL than if they were on the rear wheels

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
Won't help you one bit, but I put studs all around, front and back, and changing wheels is a much easier proposition for me. Since I have winter and summer tires on their own wheels, that means swapping all 4 wheels twice a year.

edwardsonmark

Apr 8, 2016
US
Just a quick update i took out the studs and put bolts in. Weights fit and look pretty decent will try to get a pic this week